Chapter 37

There was a long pause between the two of them. Then Jayy noticed Crimson was completely dressed, and he wondered why. "You going somewhere?" he asked her.

"Um..." Crimson started fiddling with her fingers and scratching her forarms. Jayy knew that she did this when she was nervous or stressed out about something.

"Crim, you can tell me," Jayy said standing up.

Crimson knew she could talk to Jayy about everything and anything, but for some reason something in her mind kept telling her not to tell him. "I..um..." she hesitated," I .... " Crimson sighed," A couple months ago Mom got a letter in the mail.... and ... I'm going to go to Chicago to figure out the reason my father died... " It all just came out before she knew what she was saying.

Jayy looked at her like she was crazy. "Chicago?!" he said almost in a yell.

Crimson nodded.

"Crimson, that's crazy!" Jayy half laughed and half yelled throwing his arms in the air as he did.

Crimson sighed almost in tears," I have to Jayy! I have to..."

Jayy saw the tears in her eyes and immedatly calmed himself down. He knew what it was like not to have a parent, but he what he did not truly understand is how it must feel not to know the exact truth of his mother's death. He knew he would do the same thing. He could not blame her.

Jayy sighed. "I'm not going to stop you," Crimson looked up at him with hopeful eyes," but.... you have to let me come with you."

Crimson jumped into his arms and wrapped her arms tightly around his neck. "Thank you, Jayy. Thank you so much."

He smiled. He knew the his father and Crimson's mother would be furious with them when they got back, but he knew that Crimson would hays him for the rest of his life if he did not let her go. He also knew for a fact if he let Crimson go by herself that his father would be even more furious with him. He knew what he had to do.