Chapter 22

Crimson almost felt all the hurt and heartbreak her mother felt when she read the entries about Sammi and her father's deaths.

Tears started trailing down her face when her mom wrote about Andy. She read until she could not read anymore. Crimson closed the notebook, and threw it back on the coffee table. As she did this a couple papers fell out onto the floor.

Crimson sighed and wiped the tears away from her cheeks. She then got down in the floor picking up the papers. One by one she cramped them back into the notebook. She finally reached the last paper, but this one was an envolpe. Crimson looked at the return address, not only to find out the reason her mother had stayed in the post office for so long the previous day.

Crimson had completely forgotten about it.

The address was from Illinois State Prison. "Mom's going to go find out about Daddy," she thought to herself.

Crimson could not make io her mind whether she thought it was a good idea or not whether he mother go. She did not want to see her hurt even more, but Crimson knew it was not her choice.

She stuffed the envolpe into the notebook, then stood up. All of a sudden Crimson got very light headed and nauseated. She sat down on the couch for a minute so she would not fall over from the sudden sickness.

After taking some deep breathes, Crimson stood up, and slowly made her way upstairs to her bedroom.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Around 7:30 p.m. Star got home stressed and tired. She had gotten pizza for her and Crimson's dinner. She had not had enough money to be able to get much from the store.

"Crim, I'm home!" Star called up to her daughter as she walked through the front door. No answer.

"Crim," Star called again walking through the living room setting the pizza, her purse, and car keys on the counter. She still had no answer.

Star sighed heavily, and drug her tired heavy body up the stairs to Crimson's room. She quietly knocked then cracked the door pecking in.

There in her bed Crimson lay asleep.

Star smiled at the sight of her daughter peacefully sleeping. It was one of the most beautiful things she had ever seen in her life.

Star walked over to the side of Crimson's bed, kneeled down beside her head. Then gently stroked the loose fallen hair covering Crimson's face away.

Crimson breathed deeply then slowly opened her eyes squinting up at her mother. Her head was still throbbing from the headache.

"Hey baby," Star said smiling softly rubbing her thumb softly across Crimson's eyebrow.

"Hey, Momma," Crimson said smiling weakly in reply. She breathed deeply again then grimanced.

Star looked at her daughter concerned," Are you okay, baby?"

"Yeah, I'm alright. Just a headache," Crimson answered with closed eyes.

"Do you want eat then take something for it?" Star asked.

Crimson shook her head slightly," Nah, I'll be fine, Momma, and I'm not really hungry."

Star sighed," Okay, sweetie. Get some sleep, and we'll see if you're better in the morning before school."

"Okay," Crimson replied.

"Goodnight, baby. I love you," Star said kissing her daughter forehead lightly.

"I love you too, Momma," Crimson replied.

Star pulled a light blanket over Crimson's legs and torso then tip-toed to the bedroom door. She closed it to a crack to where she could still see Crimson laying in bed on her way back to sleep.

Star sighed softly, and tear rolled down her cheek. "You're my life, baby girl," she whispered then shut the door not saying another word.