Chapter 25

Crimson's diagnoses was a severe brain tumor. She would have to have immediate surgery and would have to start chemotheropy within the next week. Her life expectancy ... 4 months.

The doctors said they had never seen a case like Crimson's before. They had never seen a tumor like hers grow so rapidly. They were also surprised that Crimson herself had not had more headaches or side effects or the cancer before she did.

No one could believe that it was all happening. They visited as often as they possibly could. They only person allowed to stay with Crimson was Star, and they had to beg the doctors to allow that.

Crimson tried to keep her mother happy no matter how depressed and upset she was herself. The only one that mattered was her at that moment. Crimson had no hopes of living past the 4 months the doctor had given her. So, she wanted the time she had left with her mother to be spent happily with no tears. She did not want her mother to cry over her. Even though she knew she would.

Crimson was crushed. The world had betrayed her.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

The next day, Crimson went into surgury. They were going to try to remove her aggressive brain tumor. Crimson did not have high hopes that it was going to work, but she was not completely hopeless either. She wanted to live, but she had over heard the doctors and Jinxx talking about the tumor. The doctor said that he had never seen anyone live more then 6 months with one as aggressive as hers.

The surgery took 6 hours. Star sobbed into Jinxx's chest until she finally fell asleep while they all waited in the waiting room. Amy and Chris were now at the hospital with them waiting for any news about Crimson's situation.

When the surgury was over, the doctor walked down to the waiting room after he cleaned up to provide the waiting friends and family with news. Whether it be good, bad, a lot, or not much to run by.

When the doctor reached the waiting room, he quietly called Star's name. Jinxx was fixing to get up, but Jake told him to stay so he would not wake Star.

"How is she?" Jake asked. CC, Chris, Jayy, and Ashley ran up behind him to hear the news.

The doctor looked at them all with exhausted eyes. "It's hard to say right now. She's asleep now and should not wake up until tomorrow morning due to the drugs. We took more x-rays, and they will be in as soon as possible. We will let you know if anything else shows up between now and tomorrow morning," the doctor said nodding his head slightly to all of them.

"Thank you," Jake said patting the doctors shoulder.

Chris went back to his seat to tell Amy the news. Jake did the same with Jinxx, then all was dead silence.