Chapter 8

Jani started jamming out on her drums and Crimson followed along with her bass to the beat. It was a random beat and was just for fun, but it sounded good. So, as they played, Jayy wrote down the notes and cords for later use.

Jinxx pocked his head in the door and smiled. He stepped in and was closly followed by Ashley.

"Ashley!!!" Jani cried dropping her drum sticks and running up giving him a bear hug. Ashley got knocked back a step from the sudden force of her hug, but he laughed hugging Jani back.  Jayy, after Jani, gave Ashley a hug, and then Ashley turned to Crimson who was smiling brightly at him haven already set her bass in it's stand.

"Hey baby, how are you?" Ashley asked pulled her into a tight hug.

"I'm good Ash, you?" Crimson replied chuckling slightly.

"I'm good," he said setting his hands gently on her shoulders looking at her. "I got something for ya," he finished with a smile.

"What's that?" she asked out of curiosity.

Ashley and Jinxx glanced and smiled at each other. "Come on," Jinxx said nodding his head toward the door.

Crimson followed Jinxx out into the small living room area, and Ashley told the others to stay in the basement for a few minutes so he and Jinxx could talk to Crimson privately.

Crimson wrinkled her forehead in confusion, then Ashley grabbed a guitar case that was sitting on the couch. He then set it on the coffee table in front of the couch and sat down patting the seat beside him looking at Crimson. "Come sit here," he said.

Crimson sat beside him and he smiled at her.

"Guys... what's ...."

"Crimson...." Ashley said cutting her off pitting his hand over the gutair case." I've got something to give to you, because I think you're ready for it now.... Your grandparents sent this to me," he said opening the case reviling a beautiful black thunderbird bass," and I believe your father would've wanted you to have it."

Crimson's eyes grew bigger. She looked at the bass recenizing it from the old pictures her grandma Amy shows her everytime she and her mom visit Ohio. "Ashley..."

"It's yours babe. You deserve it, and after all it was Andy's," Ashley said smiling.

"Thank you," Crimson said with a tear coming to her eye. This meant the world to her.