n i n e t e e n

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Yoon Y/n."

He stood up and walked to me.

Wait, did Chan just call him uncle?

I turned to him and he just winked at me. I looked back at that unknown man and he's smiling at me.

He extended his arm to me.

"I'm Yoon Hyechul." I extended my arm to him to shake hands.

I felt something. Just holding his hand, I felt some connections between us.

I smiled at him, looking straight into his eyes. "Nice to meet you, sir."

He let go of my hand with a smile on his face. Then, he put his hand inside his pocket and pulled out something.

"I think this is yours." He grabbed my hand and placed that thing above my hand.

My bracelet?

He smiled at me and nodded.

"H-how can you—"

"It suits you so much. I'm sure grandma is happy now you're wearing it."

Huh?

["Your Dad will be happy that you're wearing it now. You know, that bracelet was from his great-great-great-grandmother."]

"Excuse me, w-who are you?" He just smiled at me, then he looked at the guy beside me.

"I'm the one who saved him from danger." I glanced at Chan, he smiled at him. "Thank you, uncle."

"How?" Mr. Yoon looked straight in my hand.

I opened it and it's the bracelet I'm holding.

I gave him a confused expression. He just chuckled.

"You might not believe me but, I was with the group who's looking for you. I was shocked when Chan was wearing that bracelet. All I thought, you have that bracelet." I smiled, nodding.

Then, he stared at me straight in my eyes.

"You look like your mother. I wonder how she's doing now."

"Ehhh? You know my mother?" He nodded.

"We've known each other for 20 years now."

The longer I stare at him, I see myself in him.

Eyes, nose, lips, smiles, and chuckles.

"How do you know her?" I asked, being as curious as hell.

"That was my first prom night, your mother and I won the King and Queen of the Prom Night."

["Your father and I won this award during the prom night. That's the most memorable day of my life."]

"And that night, I confessed to her, not knowing we have mutual feelings."