Doriath

A loud horn echoed in the woods.

Glorfindel was giving a sign to the locaks.

"My lord we'll manage to kill them flee with the ladies!"

"There's no need" Aegnor said and slayed another wolf throwing his corpse away with a kick.
They continued slaying the beasts while i was trying to help somehow the wounded elf . Tristan noticed me and tried to keep away the danger to give me enough time to treat him.

I ripped my cape to pieces and tied  his bloodied hands and scared legs the best i could.
I may was a long time beside Sanya but still not a professional healer like her.

His condition was almost as bad as Maedhros when Fingon returned with him from the mountains but he was lucky enough to have all his limbs still attached to his body.

His hair was white he must had lost his hair colour due to the tortures he suffered in Angband.

After telling me his name he fainted and I didn't have the chance ask him more questions.

By the time they killed the last wolf a horn echoed again but this time wasn't ours.

An elf appeared from the tree dressed in green and brown. A Sintar.

"We don't usually see people different from our kind coming to the gates of our kingdom.Who are you and why you came here?" The elf asked.

He must been not a mere Sintar hunter.  His Cape was decorated golden patterns and his uniform was woven with silver strings.

"You're already surrounded by our hunters. If you do anything suspicious you'll loose in less than a minute" he warned.

"Were ambassadors my lord ,who came from far away in the north mountains  and beyond the sea to fight the great evil lying here. Were elves too coming to gain your king's friendship .We ask for entrance to your kingdom" Aegnor said and bowed a little.

"And what with all this noice? How all these corpses are here lords over the sea?" He asked pointing at the wolf corpses.

"Im sorry we bothered you ...These pack of wolves came in our way while hunting a prisoner of theirs.."Aegnor explained pointing at Seregon.

"I can let you entrance but you need to give me your names first. Lords over the mountains and the sea.This title means nothing to me.."

"Im Aegnor ,son of Finarfin and I'm the representative of my house and my people who live behind the north mountains by the lake"

"Im Aredhel ,daughter of the king Fingolfin behind the mountains and 
representative of my house and people"

"Im Alex representative of house Feanor one of the three great houses behind the mountains" I said when my time came and bowed.

"Strange names i hear..So you the great lords over the sea say that you came here to help to us. Its not my rensposibility to deside whether your friendship is true or not.The King will deside to decline or accept your offer."
He stood silent for a moment.

"I'll let you pass our gates in the sake of peace but you'll have to give us your weapons "

Glorfindel and Ecthelion stared at Aegnor.

"We will in the sake of peace but as your guards wear their armor even inside your territory i want my guards to have their too"

He nodded
"I understand my lord.And we'll keep your weapons untouched by others  untill its tume for you to return to your place"

Elves came down from the trees around us and we gave them our weapons as we had to do.

"Please take him with you to treat him" I muttered. We couldn't just forget and leave Seregon there to die.

"We will. Our people always treats kindly those who seek help" the elf said and ordered the others to carry him away.

"Now let me guide you to my kingdom as the king's Captain Mablung." He said and bowed .

We got on our horses  again and started moving following in silence the elf thought the trees.

After a while he stopped.
"We just passed the Circle the borders of the forest. Our queen let you pass. Now we can continue"

So for real Melian could see who passed the circle each time.
"The queen may let you entrance but that doesn't mean our king accepted your offer yet"

Slowly the scenery changed.From the shady and short threes to tall young threes with slim brances let light pass through them and emerald grass with golden and white flowers. The air was fresh and cold and the sound of flowing water was near. This was Neldoreth....

The forest was actually huge so we had to stop few nights before finally arriving at Doriaths capital Menegroth the thousand caves.

We saw other Sindar elves in the forest but they're minding their jobs and don't paying attention aboit the strangers coming into their forest.

I was a bit disappointed i could have a chat with them too ..maybe another time i had a chance.

From far away i could see the hills standing higher than the trees and as we're coming closer they're getting even higher .

And in the morning of the 10th day we finally arrived.

"Heres Menegroth were out people and king lives"

We left our horses there in the fields  to continue on foot.

A great brige united the gates with the road in our side as the river was roaring underneath , Esgalduin.

Guards were standing in the line dressed in green and gold holding banners . The gates carved in the side of the hill like a tree with gems for leaves snd silver roots entwined over the door and golden birds sitting on the branches.

The two guards of the gate made room to pass before the doors opened slowly by themselves,it were magical after all.

The inside was even more magical
The floor was covered with mosaics of animals mad with  precious stones and on the walls paintings and handwoven banners telling the story of creation of Arda. the columns was tall and carved like tress either golden or silver holding the roof.

It was exactly how Tolkien had describe it in the book.

Mablung guided us through this labyrinth of gems and rooms .
He stopped before a smaller door but most decoraded from anything else I've seen im there.

"Here is the King of Doriath and Beleriand ,Lord of forest and rivers waiting you lords over the sea" he said and bowed.

The door opened slowly revealing the inside.
High on the trhone was sitting an elf in silver Thingol king of Doriath himself with Melian by his side shining like the moon.

"Welcome lords over the sea "

To be continued...✳️

* Whats your opinion about the new cover?