End of the trail {Dark Trail}

October 13th

Akira: Haruto!

Haruto is crying as he looks up.

Akira: I will tell you the story of our clans! Of dark breathing!

Haruto sits and looks up at him.

Akira: Four hundred years ago. The twin brother to the first ever demon slayer. His name was Michikatsu. He used a powerful breath style called moon breathing. This man, Michikatsu, had three students who he trained. The students were all from different clans, their names were. Asahi Watanabe, Kahani Tanaka, and most importantly Tamayami Nakamura.

Haruto: Kahani Tanaka? That's your last name! And did you say Nakamura???

Akira: Yes. Tamayami Nakamura, your ancestor from four hundred years ago. He created dark breathing after him, Kahani, and Asahi failed to learn moon breathing. All on his own Tamayami Nakamura used movements similar to moon breathing and made Dark breathing. The breath style that utilizes stealth the best, completely unmatched to any breath style in terms of stealth, even today.

Haruto: Dark breathing is that good?

Akira: The mountain we stand on at this moment, is where dark breathing was created by Tamayami Nakamura. Once it was created he taught it to his friends, Kahani Tanaka and Asahi Watanabe.

A twenty year old Tamayami, He appears very similar to Haruto though his hair is much longer and in a ponytail.

Yoriichi: My brother, he's become a demon.

Tamayami: Sensei has become a demon?!

Yoriichi: Yeah, he has.

The three students stand next to each other.

Tamayami: We have to find and kill him! To make sure he doesn't go after anyone else in his life!

Kahani: Tamayami...

Asahi: We should just settle down. Finding him will probably be extremely difficult. After all, we only have five years left of our lives.

Asahi blows smoke from his cigarette into the air.

Kahani: Asahi is right, we won't have much time, it's best if we have kids as soon as possible and pass this breath down in our families.

Tamayami: Right...

Akira: Tamayami Nakamura, Asahi Watanabe, and Kahani Tanaka all settled down, had kids and all died at the age of twenty-five. Except for Tamayami, he lived to be eighty.

Haruto looks at him in shock.

Haruto: Why did they die at twenty-five?

Akira: Cause they had the demon slayer mark. The demon slayer mark greatly powers you, body temperatures would go through the roof, you exchanged life for power. There were other abilities tied with it, but that was the main thing of a demon slayer mark.

Haruto: So the demon slayer mark makes you die at the age of twenty-five.

Akira: Yeah. The only exceptions were Yoriichi himself and Tamayami. The demon slayer mark disappeared about three hundred years ago.

Haruto: Oh, I see...

Akira: Or so we thought.

Haruto: Hm?

Akira: You're a child of the crimson wind, do you know what that is?

Haruto: No I don't. I've heard it though. Soratsuki, Bakusei, and Yarochi all called me that.