Find your way back home. {Dark trail}

March 5th

Right after the waterfall village arc.

Haruto and Yui are standing on a bridge looking at the view.

Yui: It was great spending time with you Haruto, but I've been called for a mission.

Haruto: I see...

Haruto and Yui are both staring at the sunset. They then both turn to look at each other, when they do they realize just how close their faces are. The two blush and go back to looking at the sunset.

Haruto: Um...

Yui: So...

Haruto looks around at his surroundings and glances back at the sunset, listening to the crashing waterfall behind him.

Yui: I guess I'll be going, thank you.

Haruto: Yui.

Yui: Hm?

She turns around to face Haruto as he closes his eyes and leans in to kiss her for a brief moment.

Haruto: Be safe.

Yui's face is covered in a blush.

Yui: Y-yeah I w-will.

Yui walks away with a blushing face as Haruto goes back to looking at the setting sun.

October 7th (This is right around the red light district arc from my estimate)

Haruto: I've been on plenty of missions. I often return here, the waterfall village to train. Rengoku had passed... So I need to perfect flame breathing like he wanted me to!

Haruto swings his sword as his hand is covered in dirt, scratches, blisters, and peeled skin.

Haruto: I even met another kid he wanted to train while I was on a mission. What a crazy world.

A small memory of Haruto and Tanjiro interacting appears.

Haruto: I met a man here. Named Akira Tanaka. He started training my shadow breathing and told me about that man Soratsuki's dark breathing!

Haruto continues swinging.

Haruto: He always said something.

Akira stands there staring at Haruto.

Akira: If you want the answer. Return to the origin.

Haruto: What's the origin? Where is it?

Haruto stops swinging as he breathes in and out.

Haruto: Where is this origin... Where?

Memories flood Haruto's mind.

Haruto: What is the origin? What is it?!

Haruto sees his dad doing the shadow breathing forms.

Haruto: It can't be...

Haruto remembers Soratsuki doing the dark breathing forms.

Haruto: Is it really?

Haruto sees his dad performing the moves as Soratsuki also performs the moves.

Haruto: I see.

The two perform their moves as they mirror each other.

Haruto: It's the same! Shadow and Dark! It's the same!

Birds fly around the sky as the waterfall crashes in the background.

Haruto: Tomorrow, I will start heading there. It'll be about a five day trip.