Last time on The Hunter With Change. One more meeting {The dark riot}

I promise this entire chapter isn't a recap of the story. It mostly is but if you don't care for the recap skip to the part in bold text saying "butterfly estate, sometime in november."

Haruto Nakamura, Tatara Sato, Token Takahashi find their childhood friend, Sumire Ryu passed out and injured outside her house three years ago. The three friends took Sumire downhill to get her to the doctor. On the way there, the friends are stopped by a demon slayer and a demon fighting. The demon slayer is killed as Haruto uses shadow breathing to stop the demon before they're saved by the flame hashira, Rengoku. Haruto returns home to see his family slaughtered and his house covered in slashes.

Tatara's family was missing as he only found his wounded sister. Token watched his family get eaten by the bird demon, Karakin. With Sumire in a coma, Haruto, Tatara, and Token trained, Token and Haruto trained under Rengoku and Haruto even met Yui. After two years of training the two were allowed to go to final selection.

Haruto, Token, Tatara, Yui, Kinoku, Eri, and Sunaarashi all pass final selection, Haruto and Sumire embark on their first mission and many more. Haruto meets Soratsuki who attacks Haruto in the streets of a city, he's saved by a demon doctor named Tamayo who agrees to help him save Sumire. After this Haruto reunites with Tatara inside of the portal dungeon and kill the portal demon together.

Sumire, Tatara, and Haruto go to a mansion to kill ex lower moon five. There they meet Odataki, Takeshi, Jigoku, and Yuri. Yuri and Odataki make it out alive as Odataki joins Haruto's group to go to the demon mine. Once they get there the raid starts and they deal with the early demons pretty well, until Odataki runs into Yumijin, Lower moon four. Tatara also runs into a lower moon, Shino, who is ranked at lower moon six. Tatara is joined by the sand breathing user, Sunaarashi. Odataki is almost killed until Haruto and Sumire show up to battle Yumijin. Odataki is taken out of the lower moon four battle and ends up saving Tatara and Sunaarashi. The three successfully kill lower moon six, Shino. Haruto fights Yumijin and with the help of Sumire awakening her blood demon art, Lavender prison, black consumption Haruto is able to kill Yumijin as Yui arrives. Everyone from the raid goes through rehab at the butterfly estate where they meet Kinoku, Eri, and Rozushi. Tamayo comes with the report that Sumire can kill demons.

Haruto, Tatara, Odataki, and Sumire all head to the atlas, which Yuri told them about after the mansion incident. While there Sumire is absorbed into the Atlas and Haruto has to fight lower moon two, Naru. Sumire awakens from the atlas stronger than ever, she uses her new blood demon art, tsuki seiba (moon saber) to weaken Naru as Haruto uses Shadow breathing to attack Naru, but he's saved by Rengoku.

Haruto once again recovers at the Butterfly estate as Rengoku assigns Haruto to go to the Waterfall village to train his flame breathing and to guard the village just in case. Haruto trains both flame and shadow breathing at the waterfall village while Sumire is in another coma, staying at Tamayo's house. Yui visits Haruto at the village as Token meets Soratsuki, they battle and Token is left dying where they fought. Dark moon seven Hireoto, and Dark moon five, Bizu raid the Waterfall village to find and capture project zero. Haruto and Yui run into Dark moon four, Yarochi who was in the area. Uzui, the sound hashira goes to fight his brother, Hireoto. Sunaarashi, Eri, Kinoku, Rozushi, and Tanemaki come to assist the village as Sunaarashi and Eri go to fight Bizu while Kinoku, Rozushi, and Tanemaki fight off the exploding beads that Bizu uses. Eri kills Bizu as Uzui kills Hireoto. During Haruto, Yui, and Yarochi's fight Soratsuki steps in to stop the fight. Haruto fights Soratsuki and Yui fights Yarochi. Soratsuki flees with Yarochi back to the dark castle.

At the dark castle Soratsuki kills Yarochi and four new dark moons are introduced as Bakusei, Dark moon six is promoted to dark moon five. Dangan is the new dark moon seven, Shifsu is the new dark moon six, and a mysterious man named "the owl" is the new dark moon four. An unknown demon is made into dark moon eight. This demon can create armor from his flesh, Dark moon one makes clones of demons and infuses the flesh armor to these demons.

Haruto trains with a man he meets at the Waterfall village named Akira Tanaka. Haruto travels back home where Akira tells him the truth about the Nakamura, Watanabe, and Tanaka clans. He tells him about the children of the crimson wind and Tamayami Nakamura. Haruto and Akira go back to the waterfall village where Bakusei once again attacked Haruto and Akira. At the climax of the battle Akira sacrifices himself to save Haruto, who just awakened the demon slayer mark. Akira tells Haruto that he's going to be the one to defeat the dark moons, and that Sumire is project zero. The thing the dark moons have been hunting. Haruto has been in a coma for a few weeks, dealing with post battle depression.

Butterfly westate, sometime in November. . .

Haruto gets up and changes into uniform and his haori. He looks into the mirror and sees his demon slayer mark. Haruto ties his hair in a ponytail very similar to Tamayami

Haruto: Is this really the demon slayer mark?

Haruto gets ready to leave as he has one last checkup with Shinobu, the insect hashira.

Shinobu: It looks like you're all good to go! Good luck out there!

Haruto: Thank you.

Shinobu: You were Rengoku's student, right?

Haruto: Yeah.

Shinobu: You know... He was really proud of you.

Haruto: Huh?

Shinobu: He'd talk about you a lot, always good things.

Haruto: I see. Thank you.

Shinobu: No problem! Be safe, Haruto.

Haruto: Thank you, you too!

Haruto walks out of the butterfly estate as that night Haruto arrives at a town, he looks to see if anyone is around or watching as he walks through a wall.

Haruto: Looks like I'm back here, Tamayo's house.

Haruto knocks on the door as Tamayo lets him inside.

Tamayo: Are you here for something?

Haruto sets two small glass bottles on her desk.

Haruto: Yarochi's blood is in this one. I was able to get a lot of it off of mine and Yui's blade. The other is some of Bakusei's blood.

Haruto pulls out a third glass bottle and places it on her desk.

Haruto: This one is Bizu's blood. I got it from Eri and Sunaarashi.

Tamayo: Yarochi? Bizu? Bakusei?

Haruto: Yarochi, Dark moon four. Bizu, Dark moon five. Bakusei, new Dark moon five.

Tamayo: Oh! You could've sent them using Chachamaru. That means...

Haruto: I'm here for another reason, yes.

Chachamaru appears and rubs his head against Haruto's leg.

Tamayo: Then what are you here for?

Haruto: Why are the dark moons so interested in project zero? What are the dark moons' goals? Is Sumire really project zero?!

Tamayo: It seems you know a lot more than expected...

Haruto: Sorry. I shouldn't have raised my voice, I'm just worried about Sumire.

Tamayao: It's okay Haruto. I'll give you the best answers I can to your questions.

Fun fact #32

Dangan (new dark moon seven) favorite food is Tamagoyaki.