The awakening. {The atlas}

October 9th

The group walks out of the cave tunnel they were in.

Haruto: Still seems a lot more to go up.

Odataki: Yeah, it'll definitely be a long climb.

Haruto sighs.

Tatara: Why don't we take a break?

Haruto: It's for Sumire. This could help Sumire. I can't take a break at this time.

Tatara: Why don't we sit down and have a snack.

Haruto: Perfectly fine by me!

Odataki: That contradicts what you said...

The group sits on a small group of rocks as they eat.

Up the mountain

Lower moon two: Hehe. My traps are finally set. I doubt they'll make it up this mountain. In one piece that is.

Back down the mountain. A few minutes later.

Tatara: Alright! Let's get moving!

The group walks up the path and shortly after they have to go back into a cave tunnel.

Odataki: Wait!

Everyone stops dead in their tracks. Odataki starts to sniff the air around him.

Odataki: Traps. A trap set by a demon.

Odataki points at the ground where small spikes are sticking out of the ground. These spikes crack and open up. A pinkish/yellowish color energy comes out of them and creates humanoids out of this energy.

Haruto: Let's take them out!

Everyone inhaled and shouts their respective breaths.

Haruto, Tatara, Odataki: First form!

The three run through and cut the humanoids apart until they die out.

Tatara: These demon's need to throw something better at us!

Odataki: Total breathing constant sure has helped us out.

Haruto: Yeah.

The group continues walking till they see light.

Haruto: Finally! One step closer to the atlas!

More of the energy humanoids appear at the exit as Odataki cuts two of them in half. Tatara jumps forward and cuts the other one to pieces. Haruto slashes the humanoid out of the cave so the sun shines on it, causing it to burn to death.

Tatara: Seems like the sun is about to set.

Haruto: So that means we have to be ready for any demon that could come at us. We don't know how many reside on this mountain.

Odataki: Yeah... You're right.

Demon: Food....

Haruto: Ah. We already have found our first demon of the night.

Demon: I need food... Now...

The demon jumps up and tries to bite Haruto but in a second Haruto cuts the demon's head off.

Tatara: Hey Odataki, come here for a second.

Odataki: What is it?

Tatara: Haruto seems to have progressed better than us. Though we went through the same training as him. Do you possibly think..?

Odataki: I have been getting a different vibe from some of his flame attacks. I think something is up with his breath style. I can't really put my finger on it.