The aftermath. {Raid on the demon mine}

March 17th - July 9th - October 7th

The giant arrows in the sky are about to turn around and hit the mountain. Out of nowhere the arrows break into pieces from Sumire's black consumption. Most of the small arrows break too.

Haruto: Sumire...

Sumire stands in an empty space. The floor is reflecting the sky, the sky is a perfect blue and has clouds over it.

Sumire: What is this?

A giant cloud of darkness appears around her

???: This is your body. Well your conscience I guess. Since you released a blood demon art...

A cut appears on her arm as her blood drips and dyes the floor red. It slowly starts to spread.

???: Don't worry I can freeze it.

The blood freezes over.

???: But remember, blood is warm. The more you use your blood demon art the more my ice will melt. Then your blood will spread more and more. When that happens, you'll progress further and further into a demon.

Sumire snaps back into the real world. Haruto crawls next to her.

Haruto: An arrow is coming?!

Not all the arrows were destroyed by Sumire's black consumption.

Haruto: Shit! I can't counter this! I'll just have to get hit by it! I'll protect Sumire as much as I can from this!

Back at the bottom.

D/S: Finally! The arrows have stopped. There's no more demons!

D/S: Watch out!

D/S: More arrows?! Shit!

The arrows don't make it to the demon slayers as they all get slashed away.

???: You guys are really getting overwhelmed by this? I guess it really shows the next generations are weaker.

Serpent hashira. Iguro Obani.

D/S: You're late! What kind of hashira are you?!

Iguro: What kind of demon slayer are you? This is light work that I could complete in half an hour or less. Train, More and more.

Iguro walks off to the next area.

Tatara: Shit! An arrow is coming!

The arrow goes straight for Odataki.

Odataki: I can't move! My body feels like it's gonna collapse!

Sunaarashi: Shit!

Tatara jumps in the way of the arrow. The arrow barely goes into Tatara's chest as it's being held back by Sunaarashi's whip.

Sunaarashi: Just leave us alone!

He swings his whip, pulling the arrow and sending it flying into a tree.

Haruto covers Sumire's body with his so he'll take the hit with the arrow.

Haruto: Shit! My lungs feel like they're collapsing!

The arrow is about to hit but then a sword slash is heard with a breath. Haruto looks back to see someone holding a sword calmly. The sword is an aqua ice blue color.

Haruto: Yui...

Yui turns around.

Yui: Are you alright?!

She sees that it's Haruto and a small01000 faint blush appears on her face.

Yui: Haruto! Let's get you somewhere to recover.