Chapter 48: Family Reunion

Shadowlight: I'm telling you Y/N, we're wasting our time here.

He said with a crossed armed frown while you, your girlfriends, and Shadow walked ahead of him while strolling down one of the busy sidewalks in the busiest section of the city of Virtuous.

Sunset Shimmer: Well Edge, that's not really your call to make now, isn't it?

She asked with a bit of sass in her voice. Shadowlight sighed at that.

Shadowlight: Screw off, Sunset. *thinking* I don't care if the white knights tell me off, I'm saying it.

Shadow Moonlight: Hey, watch your tone, Edge. You know what happens when I blow a fuse.

Shadowlight: Look, all I'm saying is that your parents may not be here, Shad. It's a one in a million chance of finding them. There's a good chance that they may have moved on already.

(Y/N): We still need to at least try, Edge. Even if it turns out that they're not here, it's better than not knowing because that'll allow us to narrow down the search.

Shadowlight: Well...there definitely is someone here but it's not Shad's parents.

This gained yours and everyone else's attention.

Rainbow Dash: Really? Who else is here? An uncle, perhaps?

Shadowlight: No, not like that, Rainbow.

Pinkie Pie: Ooh! I love guessing games! Is it a cousin?! A sibling?! A grandparent?! A friend?! A family friend?! A family friend's friend?! A family friend's friend's friend?! A family friend's friend's friends' cousin?! A family-

She was cut off by Shadowlight slapping his hand over her mouth.

Shadowlight: ALRIGHT, I GET IT!

He then took a deep breath to calm himself before answering.

Shadowlight: It's not any of those things, Pinkie. It's someone else we know of. A certain... trio that caused you all trouble before.

Your eyes widened as soon as those words left his mouth.

(Y/N): You mean... the Dazzlings?

You asked to which he nodded.

Rarity: I bet that thanks to V/N's doing, those girls are stirring up trouble again, aren't they?

Shadowlight: Yeah, they are...is what I would say if it was the Dazzlings we were familiar with.

You raised an eyebrow at that before realizing what he meant.

(Y/N): Wait, you're talking about... the Dazzlings of this universe, aren't you?

Shadowlight: You got it, Y/N.

Dink: A-ha! I knew I wasn't going insane!

Shadowlight: *sarcasm* Yeah, I'm really convinced.

Dink: Listen, I'm not sure if you knew this but they actually lived in Manehattan around the same time you did, Y/N.

Applejack: What are y'all implyin', sugarcube?

Dink: Well, the Dazzlings I know of never left the city, but I heard that they were somehow causing trouble over at Canterlot. At first, I thought that I was going insane over there being two of each of them, but since you guys have just confirmed it for me, now I know that I'm not crazy.