Chapter 12: The "Cousin's" Return

You and the Rainbooms were standing by the Wondercolt statue while waiting to see if Twilight can be able to find a way to reopen the portal. While this was going on, Rarity was painting Fluttershy's nails, Applejack and Pinkie were playing poker, Rainbow Dash was boredly twirling a soccer ball, Sunset was idly looking through her journal, and you were teleporting back and forth between the two same spots to stave off your boredom. After a few more moments of waiting, Rainbow sighed in annoyance.

Rainbow Dash: I'm starting to think she's not coming.

(Y/N): Just give her time Rainbow.

You said after you stopped teleporting.

(Y/N): The portal between our worlds is still closed so Twilight's probably coming up with a way to be able to come over here. If she can't, then I'm sure she'll let Sunset know by using her journal.

Rainbow Dash: You think so?

(Y/N): Yeah, I do. Knowing her, she'll probably come up with some scientific way to get here. She's smart like that.

Fluttershy: Umm, Y/N? Have you ever tried opening the portal yourself by using your magic?

(Y/N): I did. Some time after the Fall Formal, I tried to see if I could open the portal permanently, but nothing I've done has worked. I'm guessing it takes a tremendous amount of magic to open it.

Suddenly, the mirror began to glow a familiar light as you all stood up and stepped back a few steps.

Applejack: What in tarnation is goin' on?!

(Y/N): I... I recognize this light! It's the same light that occured when Twilight and Spike came into this world the first time!

Rarity: So, what you're trying to say is-

(Y/N): Yep! Our magical friend is coming back!

You said before the light flashed and two figures flew through the portal and you managed to catch them with your magic before they could hit the floor. After the light had died down, you were able to make out the familiar light mulberryish gray skin which belonged to the Princess herself, Twilight Sparkle! You were also able to recognize her faithful doggy/dragon companion, Spike! You set the both of them down gently before the girls grinned with joy at seeing their long-gone friend.

The Rainbooms: Twilight!

Twilight took a moment to snap herself out of the daze of traveling through the portal again before she looked up at all of you.

Twilight Sparkle: I'm back.

She said in a slightly nervous voice before Sunset came over and offered her a hand. Twilight seemed hesitant at first until she accepted it before she was immediately pulled into a group hug by the Rainbooms. You smiled at the reunion of friends before Twilight turned her gaze in your direction and her eyes widened upon seeing you. You walked over to her as the girls separated the group hug.

(Y/N):  It's nice seeing you again... "cousin."

You greeted her with a smirk. She smiled brightly before pulling you into a hug to which you gladly obliged. She giggled during this.

Twilight Sparkle: It's nice seeing you too, Mr. Savior of CHS.

After a moment, you both separated as she turned to the others.

Twilight Sparkle: It's nice seeing all of you as well. I got your message.

(Y/N): Really? I'm guessing you found some information about them?

Twilight Sparkle: Yes, and I'm afraid I have some bad news about those new girls.

This made everyone, including you, nervous.