Chapter 43: No Train, No Gain

About a week had passed since the incident involving the Memory Stone and everyone forgetting about all the good deeds you've done for them. In between that time, you were patiently waiting for Shadowlight to come back from Equestria in order to train you and your girls for the upcoming battle with V/N. Right now, you were in your room while sitting at your desk. You were currently gazing at a small black box that looked like it could contain jewelry as it was sitting in the middle of the desk.

(Y/N): *thinking* *sigh* I sure hope I'm able to give this to my girls someday. Maybe not any time soon, but hopefully, sometime in the future.

You picked it up and held the small box in your hand while gazing at it.

(Y/N): *thinking* Oh well. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy their company while I can.

???: Hey, what's that, dude?

You let out a high pitched scream after hearing that voice as you turned and saw Shadow standing in your doorway.

(Y/N): Oh, Shadow. *sigh* Thank god, it's you.

Shadow Moonlight: Why me? Isn't Flash your friend too?

(Y/N): W-Well, yes, but... but... *sigh* oh, what's the point? I may as well tell you. BUT, you had better swear that you will not tell another living soul about this, especially my girls. You got me, bud?

Shadow Moonlight: Y/N, we're brothers in arms. You know I keep my word.

(Y/N): Okay. Here.

You held out the box to him as he took it from you slowly while looking at it.

Shadow Moonlight: What's this?

(Y/N): Just open it.

He did as he was told and opened the small black box. He gasped in alarm. There, sitting comfortably on a cushion, was a set of nine diamond rings each colored differently from each other for each specific girl in your harem. He stared with widened eyes before slowly looking back up at you.

Shadow Moonlight: Y-You... you're gonna...

(Y/N): Well, not any time soon, but hopefully when we all graduate. It's actually kind of a plan that I have in mind.

Shadow Moonlight: Well, I guess this proves just how much they're worth to you, huh?

(Y/N): Heh, believe me, I had to go through a lot of overtime at my job just to scrape together enough money for those. It wasn't easy.

Shadow Moonlight: But, it was worth it. Or at least, it will be.

You sighed before sitting on your bed as Shadow looked at you curiously.

Shadow Moonlight: Hey, what's wrong, dude?

(Y/N): Shadow... what if they say no? Then that would mean that I did all that for nothing.

Shadow Moonlight: Y/N, that would be my problem, not yours. Have you forgotten that you're a ladies' man? They'd love to marry you and I think after everything you've all been through, they'll be even more than happy to accept it. You've got nothing to worry about, Plus, I bet your parents would be thrilled to hear that you're getting married.

You looked back up at him with a bit of an unsure expression before your lips curled up into a smile.

(Y/N): Heh, thanks, Shad. And hey, if it all goes to plan, would you mind... being my best man?

Shadow Moonlight: You know I will. Me, Flash, and Edge might even throw you a bachelor party. The best one you've ever had.

(Y/N): Heh, it'd be the only one I've had.