Chapter 39: The Spring Dance

In the halls of Crystal Prep, we see Shadow conversing with his harem, Sunlight Shimmer and the human Starlight Glimmer until he hears a voice call out to him as they all turn to find Juniper Montage in a CPA uniform.

Shadow Moonlight: *thinking* And there goes my Thursday morning.

Juniper Montage: I can't thank you all enough for allowing me to enroll here.

Lemon Zest: It's no problem, dude. It was the least we could do since you managed to clean up the mall.

Sour Sweet: *sweetly* We'll all get along just fine. *sourly* Just don't drive our boyfriend nuts ever again!

Juniper Montage: You have my word, Sour.

Shadow sighed and rolled his eyes as Indigo caught onto it.

Indigo Zap: *whisper* Come on, Shad. She's trying to change herself, cut her some slack.

Shadow Moonlight: *whisper* It's not that easy, Indie. Unlike Y/N and the rest of you, I don't forgive people right off the bat, they have to earn it.

Indigo Zap: *whisper* You did once, Shad. You never held anything against Patriot when he picked on you, why can't you do the same for her?

Shadow Moonlight: *whisper* Because I'd rather be stuck with a bully that landed me in a hospital than to go insane from a narcissist who has an ego the size of a solar system.

Indigo Zap: *whisper* Can you at the very least give her credit for trying to change?

Shadow Moonlight: *whisper* *sigh* Fine. But only because you want me to, Indie.

She smiled and pecked his cheek.

Indigo Zap: *whisper* Thanks, Shad.

Shadow Moonlight: *whisper* Yeah, don't mention it.

Sunny Flare: So, are we just about ready for our yacht trip tomorrow? Packed all the essentials?

Shadow Moonlight: Not yet, sis. I still have to get the shark poison.

Sunny Flare: *sigh* How many times do I have to say that Jaws was just a movie and that sharks aren't that malicious?

Shadow Moonlight: You never know. There could be a shark that just goes completely insane and starts attacking people at any moment. It's always important to come prepared for these situations.

Lemon Zest: Well, whatever helps you sleep at night, dude. So, you told us that Y/N's coming with us?

Shadow Moonlight: Yeah, him, his girls, and the owners of Camp Everfree.

Indigo Zap: Sweet! We're gonna have so much fun together! I can already tell!

Shadow Moonlight: *sigh* Yeah, I'm sure. *thinking* Why do I get the feeling that Indigo summoned our deaths?