Chapter forty seven

Once everyone was settled in their respective quarters for the night, they fell asleep almost immediately. Rheeah and her family stayed in the cave, while Muuaji and the others walked around the perimeter, keeping an eye out for danger.

Kiara and Kovu stayed up chatting for a while with Hekima and Freya. Their two cubs were already in their cave sleeping with their aunt. Simba, Nala and Marisa were with them and they are all walking around under the night sky.

When Muuaji, Mkali, Siri, Nia and Haraka made their fourth round, they met up with Kiara, Kovu and the rest of them.
"My lord we were just patrolling the area, I know we were told that Ustawi is a very secure place and the need to stay up all night patrolling isn't necessary but we couldn't help ourselves," Muuaji said as they bowed to Kovu and Kiara.

"I understand Muuaji. I don't really blame you, after all who do you think trained you to always put safety over everything? To always be prepared for anything and to never let your guard down?" Kovu asked.
"You of course," Mkali replied.
"That's right," Kovu replied.
"Have you pinpointed Kisasi's exact location?" Muuaji asked.

"Hekima was just telling me that Kisasi and his followers are really living north of Ustawi and fortunately he knows a way to get there without being seen," Kovu said with a smirk. "We leave at dawn, they'll never know what hit them."

"Simba, Nala, Marisa, you all go get some rest, we're gonna have to get up really early tomorrow," Kovu said.
"Can't we stay up a little longer? The might is so beautiful," Marisa said pleadingly.
"No you cannot. Go get some rest that's an order," Kovu stated.
"You're so bossy, how do they cope with you is a mystery to me," Marisa said rolling her eyes.
"I love you too sis," Kovu chuckled.

So they bid goodnight to everyone and left to go to the cave to rest up.
Kiara, Kovu, Freya and Hekima were the only ones left along with Muuaji and the other four.
Kovu waited a few minutes until he was sure they were gone, then they  walked across the savannah and stopped, in front of them was twenty of Kovu's lions and lionesses from his pride.

"Glad to see everyone  made it here okay. Kisasi is living north of Ustawi, we leave at dawn to eradicate him and end his reign of terror forever!" Kovu declared.
"We're ready!"
"It's time Kisasi paid for his crimes against us!"
"No time to waste!"
"We waited patiently for this moment! Now that it is here, I can hardly wait for the break of dawn!"

"Before I dismiss you all for the night, I'd just like to say a one thing," Kovu said.
Everyone grew silent and waited for Kovu to speak. Muuaji, Mkali, Siri, Nia and Haraka joined the crowd and stood in front of everyone, eagerly waiting.

"I have been waiting three years for this moment. To end Kisasi, Scar and Zira, to make them pay for separating me from my mate, for keeping us apart! I trained you all in the art of war, gruelling workouts, fighting techniques, manoeuvres and manipulations. You were born for this! Whatever happens tomorrow, I have confidence that we will succeed in our endeavour. I am truly proud to be your leader."

Everyone erupted in loud cheers and roars when Kovu concluded his speech. Kiara looked at her mate, pride shining on her face.
"Now everyone get some rest, we have a big day ahead of us tomorrow," Kovu told them.
Once everyone had gone, Kovu turned to Muuaji and told them to get some rest also.
"We're not tired, just one more round around the perimeters?" Siri asked.

"Absolutely not. You need rest," Kovu said, leaving no room for arguments on their end. 
"Yes my lord," the five of them said in unison as they bowed one last time and walked back to the guest chambers to get some rest.  Not like they really needed it, but those were Kovu's orders. Freya and Hekima stayed and chatted for a few minutes more before they too left.

Once they were gone, Kovu looked to Kiara and smiled suggestively.
"So where's that oasis you were telling me about?" Kiara asked softly as she traced her paw across Kovu's back and to his  face. "The one where you said no-one will be able to hear me scream?"
"Follow me and I'll show you. It's so beautiful, secluded, peaceful and totally concealed from social interaction. Privacy guaranteed," Kovu whispered seductively.

Kiara giggled and Kovu kissed her on her lips and motioned her to follow him. They walked back up the hill and through the trees on the far right. They walked for a while before Kovu led Kiara through a tunnel and to a beautiful oasis with a small waterhole, lots of trees with vines hanging from the branches and lots of flowers littering the jungle floor.  

"Wow Kovu, this place is absolutely beautiful," Kiara sighed and rested her head on Kovu's shoulder and closed her eyes in contentment.
"I knew you'd love it," Kovu whispered as he nuzzled her affectionately. Then they just stood there, gazing at the water, glistening under the moonlight.

"I'm going to make this moment  as memorable as possible, who knows what tomorrow morning will bring. I've waited so long for this day to arrive. To exact my revenge on Kisasi, Scar and Zira for their mistake of separating us. There will be war tomorrow, blood will be shed, sacrifices will be made, lives will be lost."
Kiara listened to the words spoken by Kovu and tensed slightly.

"Kiara I want you to promise me something," Kovu whispered.
"Of course what is it my love?" Kiara said looking up at him.
"Take good care of our babies, love them, protect them. If I don't make it tomorrow-"
Kiara gasped and placed one of her contractions on Kovu's lips, silencing him.

"Don't you dare speak like that! You're not going die, you're going to live, we both are! We're going to live and we both are going to raise our little ones, love and protect them. How could you even think of leaving me? How could you even think of going away from me and our children?!" she cried with tears in her eyes.

"Oh my love please don't cry. I'm so sorry, please don't cry, come here," Kovu said reaching a paw out and pulling her into a hug.
"You don't love us," Kiara sobbed.
"What? How could you think that? Of course I love you and our little one," Kovu said.
"No you don't! If...If you really loved us, you... would never have said s..such a horrible thing. If you don't make it? H..how could you?!" Kiara said through her tears.

"My love I'm so sorry, I wasn't thinking about you or our cub. I'm so selfish! I had no intention of hurting you baby, forgive me," Kovu said hoarsely as he kissed the top of her head.
Wiping her eyes, Kiara inhaled and exhaled to calm herself and looked up at her mate.
"I forgive you," she said softly.
Kovu sighed in relief and kissed her tenderly on her lips and hugged her tightly.

"I'm not really feeling to mate tonight. Can't we just sleep? I'm tired and my throat hurts," Kiara mumbled incoherently.
"Of course baby, we'll mate some other time," Kovu agreed.
So the couple laid on the grass and snuggled up to each other to preserve body heat. They laid there nuzzling and just looking out at the water.

"I love you Kovu," Kiara yawned and leaned against Kovu, the long day catching up with her.
"I love you Kiara," Kovu kissed her cheek one more time and yawned tiredly. Their eyes closed at the exact same time and they fell into a deep sleep.