Chapter twenty

Kovu stood on the peak of Pride Rock, his teeth clenched, his muscles tense and his claws scraping against the floor. Simba and Nala had left a while ago and he was alone in the platform after requesting Kiara to leave him to think for a few minutes, she obeyed instantly and left him to think, respecting  the fact that he needed time alone.

"I can't be King after a month. It can't happen. The plan would fail and the plan failing is NOT an option, I have to find a way to change Simba's mind," Kovu said to himself. He paced the platform at least five times before he growled in frustration and stormed off the platform, furious with the way the situation wasn't in his favour.

He needed to vent out his anger, if he didn't, he'd be driven over the edge with insanity. Now at the base of Pride Rock, he saw Muuaji, Nia, Mkali, Haraka and Siri as well as Vitani and Marisa, but no Kiara, walking towards Pride Rock. He walked up to them and stood in front of Muuaji. "Where is Kiara?" he asked lowly. 

"My lord, while we were walking past the Northern waterhole, we saw the princess lying by the water's edge she appered to be in deep distress. I asked if she were okay and if she wanted you there with her, but she declined," Muuaji said efficiently. Kovu blew out a breath and ran past the lionesses and in the direction of the Northern waterhole.

He was so busy with worrying about his plan failing, he failed to notice Kiara had been in distress since morning. The distress wasn't  lethal, but it was frustrating as hell. His beloved mate was in heat.  The thought of her lying somewhere panting and sweating, desperate in need of his attention, made him pant  hard as he ran.

The panting wasn't because he was tired from the long run, but because of the amount of carnal desire going through his body.
He wanted to make love to her so badly, he desperately wanted to enter her and make her cry out his name in ecstatic, sexual bliss, he wanted to fill her fertile womb with his seed and impregnate her with his cubs.

At the thought of cubs, Kovu stopped running and paused to think. Cubs, pregnancy, Kiara, her title of being Queen, his cubs being carried around in her womb. THE PLAN!
And then it hit him. If he got Kiara pregnant with his cubs, Simba would have no choice but to push their coronation closer.

The laws of the Pride Lands state that if the princess gets pregnant before she is crowned Queen, her coronation must happen as soon as possible.  Kovu wasn't sure why the law was like that, but he knew that much. It was all he needed for the plan to work. With these thoughts in mind, Kovu willed his body to move faster.

Kiara was lying in a secluded cave, panting and sweating profusely. She was in heat for two days now, she didn't want to bother Kovu with a matter so insignificant so in an attempt to shield her heat, she had been chewing mint leaves constantly to mask her heat odor.

It pained her a lot  and she was desperate in need of Kovu's attention. Even up to recently she had been munching mint leaves in a further attempt to shield her heat, but it was useless, her odor was too strong now. It was just a matter of time before Kovu found out about her condition and when he did, he would NOT be happy to know she was suffering in silence. 

Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Suddenly a shadow appeared at the cave's entrance and Kiara looked up only to see Kovu standing there, a frown on his face as he saw her surrounded by several chewed mint leaves. She blushed scarlet when he inhaled deeply through his nostrils, taking in her scent.

He stepped confidently into the cave and she stood up to face him, his pupils had dilated and she knew what that meant. His senses had heightened and all sorts of carnal desires were running through his mind as he eyed her hungrily, relishing the smell of her heat circulating around his brain.