3.6 - Find a way

Cara's Point of View

Three days had passed and I heard no word from Nathan. I called him multiple times but it was like he vanished from the face of the planet. I personally thought of his whole anger act to be a little too childish for the fight that we had. I tried contacting him numerous times only to be hooked up to his voice mail. I sighed as I ran a hand through my extremely knotty and messy hair. I had to go see my father in 2 days and I was already extremely frightened thinking of the consequences that would follow from my encounter with him.

I grabbed my car keys and went downstairs before grabbing my bag and bottle of water. I walked over to my car placed them on the passenger seat before climbing into the driver's seat. I took a good and long deep breath before releasing it. I started the engine and pulled out of the driveway, praying that the rest of the day will go well.

I reached university in no time and parked at my usual spot. I saw Sarah walking by and we made eye contact but I looked away instantly.

"Cara." She called but I ignored her and grabbed my stuff before walking towards the university. "Cara, wait!" She repeated but that just led me into walking faster.

I saw Jake stood outside our lecture hall with another girl from my course. I stood at another corner and mentally cursed as Sarah caught onto me.

"What do you want?" I asked harshly.

"There's a man waiting for you under the tree outside the main building." She panted and her statement caught my interest.

"Who?" I asked.

"I do not know. He was quite demanding that he needed to see you." She said. For a second I thought it was Nathan, but then she wouldn't call Nathan 'any man'. She's met him numerous times and she knew exactly what he looked like.

I nodded before turning away. She sighed and was about to say something else. However she just shook her head and walked away. We walked into the lecture theatre when it was time and I took a place right at the back.

I tried to concentrate as much as I could but then I kept wondering who the mysterious man could be. My mind kept wandering every now and then to where Nathan could be as well. I was weirdly worried about him. I knew he could take care of himself, but I still didn't want him to be in any sort of trouble.

Once the lecture was done, I quickly strolled down the stairs before making my way to the main building. I walked to the tree but I saw no one. Until someone appeared from behind the trees and my mouth went a little wide.

"Jay?" I whispered in shock.

"Hello, Cara!" He said.

"Hey!" I replied as I stepped closer. "What are you doing here?" I asked in curiosity.

"I need to speak to you." He spoke and I nodded. "Not here. Want to get a cup of coffee?" He suggested.

"Alright." I said.

We walked over to a nearby Starbucks. Jay ordered a regular coffee and I decided to have nothing as I wasn't feeling like it. Once our drinks were collected, we sat by at a table in the far corner of the coffee shop.

"So, how are you?" I asked.

"I'm well. I know you're in trouble." He said. I looked at him confusion before he brought out his phone and showed me the text message that I had received to confirm my visit to the prison. I felt instant anger building up inside me as I looked back at him.

"How dare you spy on me?" I questioned furiously. "This is my life. I can make my own bloody decisions."

"I know. But Nathan wanted me to do this. He wants me to keep an eye on you." He said and I shook my head in disbelief. How could he?