1.9 - Daddy

Days turned into weeks, and I had been here for almost a month. After many awkward moments, both Nathan and I stayed away from each other. We barely spoke, and even if we did, it would be one word answers. I was only starting to feel more and more isolated and suffocated in this place.

I was sat in my room, staring out of the window, into nature. The greenery was really beautiful, but at the same time scary. It was just too much. It looked like it never ended, and life never existed in this place.

Suddenly, something caught my eye. It was the appearance of that one human being I dreaded seeing. Max.

He came to the door and rung the door bell. After a few minutes, Nathan slowly opened. I slowly hid myself so that the two of them wouldn't see me.

"Nath, mate I came to apologize." Max spoke.

"Get the fuck outta my face."  He spat at Max and pushed his chest.

"Nath please. Hear me out. I was pissed out of my mind!"

"I do not care."

"Come on mate. Don't let that girl break our friendship."

"After all you did, you still have the nerve to blame it on her?" Nathan asked shocked. "I may have kidnapped her Max, but I'm the only one who can touch her! She is MY hostage!" He screamed in Max's face.

"I thought you hated her. I didn't realise you would care so much."

"Yeah? Well I..." He trailed off as his voice dropped. "I care more about her than you think." He spoke softly. His words, they brought that feeling back inside me. That feeling, that made me go ecstatic every time he touched me or spoke kindly towards me.

"I'm sorry mate. I'm really sorry!" Max apologized. "If you'd like, I'd go up to her and apologize to her." He said.

"Don't you dare go close to her, ever again." Nathan hissed, his angry tone coming back.

"Mate please, hear me out."

"I've heard enough." Nathan said as he shut the door on his face. Max stood there for sometime and then decided to give up. I watched him until he left and then went down stairs to see Nathan. He was staring at his phone again, but looked up as he saw me.

"You need something?" He asked kindly.

I shook my head slowly.

"Are you alright?" He asked as he stood up.

"Can we go out for sometime? I need air." I told him in a low tone.

"Cara, you know I don't like you going--" He spoke but I cut him off.

"Please." I begged.

He looked at me reluctantly and then nodded.

"You will stay close by." He warned me with a stern tone and I nodded.

I did as I promised and stayed close by to him as we walked around the forest.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Forest Park. Somewhere no one will find us." He replied.

"Will you ever tell me why you brought me here?"

"Like I said, you will find your answers yourself. I'm not the one who is supposed to tell you."

I nodded my head at his response as I wasn't in any mood to wind him up.

"You're quite today." He smiled softly. "Normally, you try your best to get the worst out of me."

"I miss dad." I told him softly. It was true. It has been a month since I saw him, and I was starting to miss him terribly. My heart was crumbling at the thought of him and his safety.