3.18 - The Descent

I couldn't remember much as to what happened but a vague flashback kept floating through my mind. In it I saw Nathan's distraught face as he was restrained by my father's thugs. My eyes fluttered open as I felt a sting of pain in my abdomen. I realised that my hands and legs were bound to the bed that I was laid on. I raised my head slightly to see my bandaged stomach with a tiny red spot over it.

I struggled as much as I could but the pain only kept increasing. But the physical pain wasn't as much as what I was feeling mentally.

Nathan.

I gasped at the thought of his name and I knew he wasn't safe. If I was lucky my father would have kept him alive so he could see my sorry state. And if he was being himself he would allow him to watch my execution too.

All these thoughts were making me go crazy! I pulled at the restraints and I knew that a bruise would be forming there soon. Just as I was completely making a fool of myself the door flung open to reveal my excuse of a father.

"Where's Nathan?" I questioned angrily. My insides were a bit shocked at my confident tone to question my dad but I knew it was due to the fear of losing the man that I love.

"Oh, he's fine. For now." He replied with his evil smirk.

"I swear to god, if you hurt him..." I threatened. My father's eyebrows lifted in shock as he watched me.

"My darling. Do you think I would hurt the man my daughter claims to love?" He questioned mockingly. My heart clenched at the evident sarcasm in his tone and I knew that instant that Nathan may not be in any good shape.

"Where is he?" I asked again.

"Oh I don't know, Cara. Last we saw him was at his death house until his stupid friends came to rescue his sorry arse." He told me and I zoned out for a second.

Maybe Nathan was safe. I thought.

"I'll do anything you want. Anything. Just please don't hurt him." I begged and my father chuckled.

"Oh, Cara!" He sighed as he reached to set my hands and legs loose. "So much love for one guy? Why?" He asked and there was a hint of seriousness in that question.

"I wouldn't expect someone like you to understand." I told him bitterly. All I wanted was to see Nathan's face and know that he was alright. I wanted him to hold me and tell me that all this suffering would end soon.

I sat up at once and flinched as my father held me in place.

"You're still healing." He said as he placed his hands on my shoulder. I pushed them away in a reflex and I noticed the betrayal in his eyes. I would be lying if I said I wasn't guilty for my actions, but in the last twenty four hours this man had shot me at least 3 times. I hope he wasn't expecting me to skip and wrap him in an embrace.

"I could have killed you but I didn't." He pointed out.

"Do you expect a hug and a kiss for that?" I asked as sarcasm dripped with every word. He chuckled and pulled a chair to sit next to me.

"I expect you to understand why." He said and a little fear crawled up in my insides. Scratch the little. It was a lot.

"W-what d-do you mean?" I stammered.

"I have come to you with a proposition. If you choose to accept, I will let go off your little lover boy." He spoke and my eyes widened.

"What is the proposition?" I asked and he smirked.

"You will work with me for the rest of your life and will take back your charges on me for assault and battery, and attempt of murder." He told me with the most evil look in his eyes.