3.14 - His love

Ever since my father's escape was announced, Nathan had immediately moved me into one of his houses in London. It was heavily secured and helped keep us off my father's radar. Angela was slowly but effectively recovering from her wounds. She had almost flat lined but the doctors somehow brought her to stability.

It had been a few days since the incident and we had both spent sleepless nights worrying about Angela. However, now Nathan was lightly snoring next to me on his bed. His head was pushed into my neck and his hands were lazily lying on my stomach.

I couldn't move or turn around because of the position Nathan had held me in. The temperature of the room was also quite high for me to be able to have a nap of my own.

I kept wriggling in his hold until I accidentally woke him up.

"Cara." He mumbled as I looked at him with fear as to what he was going to do to me. He hadn't slept in two days and it was beginning to show in his face.

"What are you doing?" He added as he let go off me.

"Trying to sleep." I lied. He didn't say anything and turned around before going back to sleep. I moved away a little and slowly got off the bed without making a noise because I knew if I did he would come charging after me. I decided it was fair if I just let him sleep.

Angela was moved to a smaller facility and was offered police protection until her perpetrators were caught. She was still on bed rest and had a doctor watching her at all times. She wanted to tell me that it was Earl Foster who looked her in the eye and stabbed her ten painful times. He then threw her onto the floor waiting for her to experience her slow painful death. How cold can someone's heart be to pull off such an act without even feeling a little guilt inside?

I decided to call her and see how she was holding up. Her nurse picked up and handed the phone over to her.

"Hey, Cara." She spoke with a very small voice.

"Hey! How are you feeling now?" I asked.

"Peachy." She joked making me smile a little.

"You'll be fine soon." I reassured her.

We kept the conversation small and hung up soon enough. I turned around to see a frowning Nathan stood there with his shirt on.

"You cannot make phone calls when your father is trying to find you." He told me as he came over to grab my phone.

"I just wanted to see how she was." I said and he nodded before turning off my phone.

"You were smart enough to turn off your phone when you were hiding from me in Brighton." He joked and I smiled until I realised what he had just said.

"You knew!"

"Yeah. Jay found out." He spoke as he scratched the back of his neck. I rolled my eyes knowing that Jay would have obviously snooped around.

"You never came after me." I pointed out.

"Yeah. Jess said I should give you some space. And she was right." He said and I couldn't stop admiring the man who was standing right in front of me. "But I called Max up. Threatened his life if he didn't treat you right." He joked making me smile again.

"Thank you, Nathan." I told him genuinely. He nodded his head and turned around to walk back to the bedroom.

I followed him and joined him in bed again. I placed my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around his middle before finally sleeping out the tiredness I had bottled up for 48 hours.

-

I was woken up by soft kisses being placed all over my neck. They were so gentle that it was almost ticklish. I groaned as I opened my eyes to meet Nathan's grinning face.