Prologue | Book 3

'For all the things that you're allowed to feel, just let the pain remind you hearts can heal.'

Cara had watched her only family being dragged away by the police. She never knew if she would ever see him again.

She thought her life had turned back to normal but she still missed his presence in that big house. She missed hearing his voice bounce through the walls of the mansion, missed seeing his face every morning. She spent most of her evenings, staring out of the window, hoping for her father to turn up and apologize for what he had caused. She wanted to forgive him because like she said, she cannot fall out of love for her father overnight.

The people of her town did not take her actions very well.

Betrayer. Deceiver. Traitor. - They were only few of the million abuses she was slowly becoming the victim of.

Her own friends left her side for bringing her father, the big Earl Foster's, crimes to light. She was only doing what was right, but little did the world know of her intentions.

Nathan on the other hand went back to being normal. He left behind his rude, arrogant self the day he saw those handcuffs being placed on Earl Foster's hands. He knew his mother would have been proud of his actions and she would never want him to hurt another soul for her justice.

He himself believed that all the evils in his life had passed but little did he know of what was going to follow. He was unaware that they were still around to haunt him in the most deadliest manners. All he wanted was a protected life for Cara, but they both should have forgotten the word 'Safe' the day they started challenging the big Earl Foster.

This was the last chapter to their tale, the last page in their book, the last thrill of their lives.

After that day, it all ended.