2.3 - Cruel lesson

I woke up the next morning with a terrible head ache and body pain. I sat up and checked my phone as usual. I had one message from my father telling me that he would be returning back to London that evening. I put my phone to charge and went to the bathroom to do my normal routine.

I couldn't stop thinking about Jay and if he would ever return to grant me the one wish he promised. I had to go see Sarah to tell her everything that happened. I already knew that she wouldn't be very content with my decisions, but I needed a friend's support.

---

 "You what? You drove all the way to forest park? Just to find someone who doesn't even care about your existence?" She shouted at me, furious at what I had just done.

"Don't say that. You don't know." I frowned at her.

 "Cara. Wake up! He's never going to come back. It's been 7 months and honey that is a LONG time." She told me rudely.

 "Why are you being such a bitch?" I asked her.

 "I beg your pardon? I'm just watching out for you! And you go ahead and call me a bitch? Aren't you very grateful?"

 "Why can't you just be supportive like a normal friend?"

 "Sweetie, I am supporting you like a 'normal' friend. But if you continue acting like an air-head, I will have no 'friend' to 'support'" She mocked me. I was a little taken aback by her sudden change of behaviour. I agree that she was worried about me, but she didn't have to react like a complete bitch.

 "So when is this dude returning your car?" She asked me, changing the topic completely.

 "I don't know. I didn't even have the oppurtunity to ask!"

 "Do you have his number?"

 "No." I muttered and she smirked at me.

 "Fucking brilliant." She clapped her hands in mockery. I frowned at her yet again but that wasn't changing her attitude.

 "You know what Sarah? I'll just leave!" I told her as I stood up angrily.

 "Cara, I'm just looking out for you."

 "I know. But I just need some time alone now." I told her and left her house.

 I didn't have a car so I had to walk, but it wasn't a very long distance any way. Sarah and I lived pretty close to each other. Her parents and I my father knew each other pretty well too. We have been bestfriends since childgood. Luckily none of us moved places. I don't know what I would do without her, even if I was a little angry with her for now. But I always considered her to be the sister  I never had.

 After walking for about 9 minutes, I finally reached home. To my surprise, I saw Jay sat at my doorstep, playing with my car keys. I walked swiftly to him and he smiled when he saw me.

 "I'm sorry I didn't return them last night." He said as he passed me my keys.

 "That's alright. How's Amira?" I asked out of concern.

"She's holding up. She's a fighter!" He replied and I nodded.

"And Nathan? Is he alright?" I asked in a lower tone.

"Nath's fine. Amira means a lot to him so he was a mess last night. She was his first true love and after that incident, things changed for the two of them." He told me.

"What incident?" I questioned with curiousity.

"Oh, that's not my story to tell. Nathan will tell you himself when the time is right."