3.9 - Wrong in this world

I woke up a few minutes later, after the impact died down, with Jay breathing loudly by the side. He looked more hurt than I was and I used every ounce of energy in me to reach over to him.

"Jay." I spoke as I placed my hand over his.

"Cara" He mumbled slowly as he struggled to open his eyes.

"Hey." I tried to calm him down as I unbuckled my seat belt and moved closer to help him out. I pulled his seat belt out as well before placing my hands on his face. "You're okay." I assured him as he slowly opened his eyes. He placed his hands on mine and gave me a half smile but soon pushed me down as a bullet came firing towards us.

"We need to get out of the car." He groaned as he kicked his door open. I followed his lead and opened my door as well, before ducking and crawling out.

"Cara, dear." I hear that sickly voice before turning around to look at the man.

"Terry." I spoke in disgust. "Jay has not hurt you. He does not deserve this." I told him.

"Anybody who is a friend to you deserves this." He told me before raising his gun to my chest.

"You're an asshole. Always were. Always will be." I spat at him making him let out an evil chuckle.

"Jay run!" I called out as I mustered the confidence and kicked Terry in his delicate area. He dropped the gun and fell to the floor whilst groaning.

"You bitch." He muttered whilst holding onto himself. I picked the gun up and pointed it back at him whilst Jay hopped to where I was.

"I got this, Cara. You need to get back to Nathan. Get a taxi and go home." He ordered whilst taking the gun off me.

"I am not going to leave you here." I told him.

"I can look after myself, Cara. Just go." He claimed firmly.

"Jay-"

"LISTEN TO ME. I got this!" He spoke again and I nodded not in the mood to argue. Terry had got back his energy by now and quickly made a move by kicking Jay's leg, making him drop the gun.

"JAY!" I cried whilst they fought in the sand. Jay pinned him down quickly before looking back at me again.

"GO." He shouted and I ran not knowing what to do. I kept looking back to see if he was okay but he clearly didn't want me there. I reached the road and kept walking until I got to a taxi. There was one waiting by the road and I quickly got into it and gave the driver directions. The whole ride I kept thinking of what lie to tell Nathan about all of this.

--

I reached home and saw Nathan sat by the stairs, looking at his phone. I paid the driver and got out to see a fuming Nathan, but his face soon turned worried as he saw my condition. He ran over to me and gave me support as I limped to the house.

"Cara. What happened? Who did this to you?" He asked as he laid me down on the couch.

"T-Terry." I stuttered.

"Cara! Oh my god." Angela cried out as she saw my state.

"I need a hot tub of water and a flannel. And some tweezers." Nathan commanded her and she gave him a weird look. "Do you want to help her or not?" He questioned her before she left to get his items. His hand moved to my forehead as he softly stroked it.

"I won't let anything happen to you." He whispered but I could clearly see his fear.

"Terry is back, Nath. He is going to hurt Jay." I told him as a tear flowed out of my eye.