2.8 - Days of Darkness

My phone started ringing in the middle of the night and I grumped as I struggled to look at the called ID.

"Cara! Turn it off!" Nathan groaned as he shifted on the bed.

"It's daddy!" I told him and he looked at me after adjusting his eyes.

"You answer it and they'll track us down again." He said.

"I know. I'll just turn it off." I said as I switched off my phone. I placed it back on the table and Nathan pulled me against him as he nuzzled his head into my neck. His soft, warm breath was rather comforting as I fell back into my peaceful sleep.

-

The next morning, I woke up with Nathan sleeping with his back turned towards me. I shifted closer to him and I wrapped my arms around his middle as I kissed his back.

"Nathan!" I called as I slowly shook him.

"Hmm?" He asked sleepily.

"I have to go." I spoke as I kissed his back again.

"Then go." He said rather rudely. I unwrapped my arms from around him and climbed out of his bed. I walked to his bathroom and changed back into my normal clothes. I brushed my teeth and fixed my hair and face.

I then went downstairs to get something to eat and just like usual, Nathan had absolutely nothing in his house. I decided that it was time for me to leave and since Nathan was being such a goose, I had to leave without bidding him farewell.

I unlocked the door and carefully shut it behind me as I stepped outside. It was now time for me to find my path home in this jungle of a place.

---

*An hour later*

Nathan's point of view

My sleep soon faded away and I reached across the bed for Cara. My hands searched around, but to my dismay, I only found an empty side. I forced my eyes open and adjusted it to the room. I sprung out of the bed in panic and went to my dresser to my pull my shirt on.

"Cara!" I called as I ran out of the room but I got no response.

"Cara!" I shouted sprinting down the stairs, hoping she will turn up from a corner.

I ran my hands through my hair in desperation to think of where she could be. I reached for my phone in my pocket and frantically looked for her contact before pressing call. But it was all in vain as her phone was said to be switched off!

I shouted out loud in frustration. Memories starting clouding my brain. Memories of sorrow and darkness!

"I don't want this anymore Amira! I don't need you anymore!" I told her coldly.

"You don't mean that! I love you Nathan!" she cried but I didn't bother in the slightest.

"It's not a mutual feeling anymore. You can leave. Find someone better. Someone who can tolerate you." I shouted as I dragged her to the my door, ready to throw her out.

"What did I do wrong?" she asked in a soft and weak voice.

"Everything!" I said as I pushed her out and slammed the door shut.

I shut my eyes tightly to block the memory out. I had cut out so many people from my life when all they did was show me love. But I couldn't lose Cara! No, I couldn't! She was so precious, so important to me! Protecting her was the only thing I was living for!

I immediately rung Jay's mobile hoping he would know where Cara was.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Mate, I don't know where Cara is. She was with me at Forest Park last night and now she's gone!" I explained.