3.11 - Broken

Nathan's Point of View

My room was a total mess from all the damage I've done here since she left me. I never saw this day coming knowing that she had given up on me. On us.

I missed her so much and I just wanted her back at any cost. I had realised over the night how selfish I had been in this so called relationship of ours. I gave her numerous instances to doubt my love for her but I knew that it was real.

I hurt her, locked her up, took away her freedom. And still she stood by me for so long. But why couldn't she see that I loved her? More than anything else in this world. I threw another book at the wall before Jess walked in. She looked sad for me but deep down she knew I deserved nothing less.

"Nathan. She will come back." She sighed.

"I know her. She won't." I said my voice breaking towards the end.

"Have you tried calling her?" She asked and I nodded.

"I don't even know where she is. Nor does her house keeper or her friends." I told her and she sat down next to me on the floor.

"You'll find each other again. I know you will." She said as she placed a hand on my shoulder.

"What if I've lost her, forever?" I asked as a tear rolled out.

"You haven't. This is your  Cara. She left her father, her only family, for you." She said. "She will come back, Nath. You will bring her back. It may take time, but you know it will happen." She said placing the glimmer of hope in my mind.

"Don't lose faith, Nathan. Love is stronger than anything. Stronger than Earl Foster's undeserved power." She added before standing up and walking away.

I grabbed my phone and dialled Jay. It was time for a big apology.

-

Cara's Point of View

I woke up in the evening to see that the sun had already gone down. I checked my phone again to see numerous missed calls from Angela. I decided to give her a call back to set her worry free.

"Cara. Oh my god! Thank god." She screamed over the phone.

"Hey, Angie." I giggled slightly.

"Darling, are you okay?" She questioned with concern.

"I am alright."

"You need to come back home right now! Nathan is worried sick!" She let me know and I bit my lip to stop myself from breaking down.

"I-I-I am n-not coming back." I stuttered.

"What?"

"Not for a while anyway." I added.

"You're being stupid, Cara. You're not safe wherever you are. Terry will find you."

"I don't care. I need to be away for a while now." I told her.

"Don't do this, Caramel. Please." She whispered painfully.

"Bye, Angie." I whispered back before hanging up. I turned my phone off and placed it on the side table before leaving. "I am so sorry." I whispered as I brought my phone to my chest even though I knew she couldn't hear me anymore.

Max was in his living room watching television when I stepped in.

"Hey." I spoke, startling him.

"I just wanted to thank you for everything that you did for me. You're a very sweet person. And I am going to go now. I think I've caused enough trouble for the day." I joked making him smile.