2.13 - Iridescent

Salty tears clouded my eyes as I drove to the deserted location. But before I could go there, I started getting chased by a BMW Sedan and I knew exactly who it was. He had found me and now he was never going to forgive me for what I was about to do. I knew that Angela would have informed him about my actions.

I stopped the car and stepped out only to be faced by a very angry Nathan.

"You better have a good reason for this." He hissed.

"I can't let him go." I whispered.

"He cannot take back what he did." He argued sternly.

"But I can save him. And you can't stop me." I told him as I turned to get the bag.

"Why are you doing this Cara?" He questioned in a painful tone.

"It's not as easy as you think it is." I spoke as I walked into the woods. He followed close behind and grabbed my hand to stop me.

"My mother was an innocent woman who lost her life because Earl Foster wanted to have a big laugh. I understand he is your father, but all I've wanted all these years is justice for an innocent woman. And if you're going to stop that from happening, then I know how to fight you." He hissed as he squeezed my hand.

"Let go off me." I whispered angrily.

"Give me the bag." He ordered in the same tone.

I took the bag and smacked it across his face harshly before punching him in the stomach. He grunted in pain and stumbled backwards before falling to the ground. I began running but he grabbed my leg and pulled me causing me to fall on the soil roughly. I groaned in pain and Nathan crawled over me before turning me over. He pinned my hands to the side and grabbed the bag for himself.

"I won't expose him to the police if you don't want me to. But you cannot protect a cold-hearted criminal. Not when I'm around." He asserted as he pushed down on my hands. I sighed angrily and knew that I had already lost this fight. But soon his grip started loosening and he leaned down and placed his lips against mine. I tried to move away but he was too strong.

"You're father is a bastard. Don't be his bitch." He added as he pulled away and stood up, still holding on to the bag. I tried to grab it but he kept it out of my reach.

"You can go back now, to your shitty little house and see how that man treats you because you know the truth. And this time I won't be there to protect you because I don't care if you die." He told me coldly.

"Nathan." I whispered.

"I trusted you when I told you that story Cara. And when I told you I loved you, I really did mean it. But you're just another bitch who broke my heart. You're just another cold, heartless 'Foster'" He added as he stepped away. My heart broke into a million pieces as he spoke those words. I knew this would eventually happen because of my actions, but I never truly anticipated the pain I was going to feel.

"Filth." He muttered under his breath as he walked away.

I sunk to my knees and cried my eyes out because I knew that I had lost it all. There was nothing left for me anymore and it was high time I accepted that. And I knew I was the one responsible for my ill-fate.

---

*2 Days Later*

Nathan's Point of View

A few days passed and I couldn't get Cara's cold betrayal out of my mind. Most of anything, I couldn't get her out of my mind. Just a couple of days ago she meant everything to me. And then she decided it was time to break me where it hurt the most. She wanted to forget everything that Earl had done to my mother, just to protect her criminal of a father.