1.18 - I'll never give up

Nathan and I were back on the road a couple of days after living with Tom and Kelsey.

We were now in Liverpool, living in a hotel, because Nathan didn't have any mates here. We were both very distant since that phone call and neither of us made an effort to speak to each other. Neither did we hug or kiss. As awful as it was, I was afraid Nathan would hurt my father. And recalling everything about how Nathan called my whole family filthy, I started rethinking his 'care' for me. If he really cared so much, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt for him to prove it to me.

Nathan walked out of the bathroom after taking a shower.

"You want to go get some dinner?" He asked me and I nodded.

I got up to change and pulled out a shirt and jeans from my bag. I changed into them in the bathroom and fixed my hair before walking out. Nathan was pulling on a jacket when he noticed me and gave me a half smile. I returned it and walked to the door.

We went to small restaurant in the city and ordered our meals before hogging them up. It was safe to say that were two very hungry people. After finishing, Nathan paid and we left the restaurant. It was very dark and there was no one on the street at that time, which was odd.

We had to walk a fair distance to the car and I let Nathan lead me. He laced our fingers together, to keep me close to him.

All of a sudden, 4 men stepped out of behind a wall. Nathan and I stopped in our paths as the man saw me and smirked.

"About time we got you Mr Nathan Sykes" he grinned. "Hand over the girl, and no one gets hurt."

Nathan pushed me behind him and reached for something in his back.

"Looking for this?" The man asked as he pulled a gun out. "You weren't very careful in the bathroom Mr Sykes" he grinned.

Nathan turned towards me and pulled me closer to whisper into my ear.

"When I say 3, run as fast as you can to the car! Ok?" He whispered and I nodded.

He turned and looked at the men.

"1.." He started.

"2.."

The men looked at him like he was retarded. But that didn't stop him.

After a pause he said 3 and I ran the fastest I could towards the car. The mean leaped for me and Nathan pulled one by the collar before smashing his fist into his face.

And just then a big fight ensued between them. I anticipated if I wanted to go back to protect Nathan. And that's what I did. I ran back and pulled one of the men off Nathan before kicking him in the face.

"Enough!" The biggest of them all shouted before he shot into the sky.

2 of the guys were already badly beaten up by Nathan and couldn't move. There were only 2 left.

"The girl is all we ask for Nathan." The man said angrily.

"Don't you think it's a little too much to ask, when I'm enjoying her a little too much at the moment." Nathan smirked. His words hurt me more than he could think. What did he mean by 'enjoying her a little to much'

"Ms Foster, we come from your father. He asked us to bring you back." The man told me politely.

I froze for a second and looked between the man and Nathan. Nathan's expression remained blank as he stared at me. It was cold, not like how he treated me in the past few days.

"I'm staying with Nathan." I declared. "Tell my father that I will come back when time is right." I said, scared that Nathan would hurt dad if I left with them.