1.1 - Sound of An Enemy's Song

START OF BOOK 1

Cara's Point of View

It was a cloudy afternoon and I was just departing from University. It took me a while to spot my car in the massive parking area. Once I got into it, I immediately sped home, wanting to get some rest after a very tiring day loaded with work.

The roads were almost empty and they looked like humanity had never touched them once. But that was an advantage to me. I could drive as fast as I wanted. The faster, the quicker I reached my much awaited destination.

After what felt like the longest ride of my life, I parked outside the large mansion I had the privilege to call home. My father was one of the wealthiest businessmen in town and owned many such great houses all over the country. But this one was where I preferred living. Probably because I grew up in this town my whole life.

I had to park behind another unfamiliar car, because it had taken my spot. I assumed my father was having guests around like usual. I carried on with gathering my things and exiting the car. I could see no light switched on in the house from outside, which left me wondering where my father and his supposed guests were.

I shrugged the thought and continued towards the door. As I rung the bell, I waited to hear footsteps from my housekeeper, Angela. But there were none, much to my dismay. I rung the bell couple more times, but like the first time, no one answered.

I dug my hands into my bag to my find my phone and ring someone about this situation. I didn't want to stay locked out for hours when all I wanted was my comfortable bed.

As I was tapping away on my phone, a hand emerged from behind and covered my mouth. But before I could make any muffled noises, I started feeling dizzy and everything around me turned black. I was out like fire.

*

My eyes slowly opened as I heard voices around me. The air around me smelt different, not like my room, not like my house. I focused my eyes onto the room and noticed the unfamiliar surroundings. I never recollected being in that room ever before.

My head was hurting incredibly, and all I wanted was an aspirin.

I could still hear the voices outside the room, but I couldn't move as I noticed I was tied up onto a chair. I tried to concentrate to listen better, to understand if I knew any of these people.

"You shouldn't have done this. She is clearly innocent. We cannot be kidnapping every innocent off the street just because it will bring satisfaction to our father!" , a girl's voice spoke.

"You dare defy father! You will do as I say. The girl will stay here and I don't care if you believe this is wrong. This is OUR father's orders! You don't have to stay here anyway, so what are you fussing about?" A rough, manly voice spoke. He seemed bossy and controlling.

"You know that this is wrong. And yet you bend to every order our father gives!"

"ENOUGH! If you think this is wrong, then leave! I don't need you here! I can take care of that thing myself!" He screamed.

"Who do you think you are to tell me what to do? I'll leave when I bloody feel like it, thank you very much" She retorted.

I must say, I was enjoying this conversation a lot more than I was supposed to. Their contrasting thoughts and open conflicts seemed extremely entertaining to me.

The rest I heard was someone stomping off in anger, which I assumed was the man. The door slowly opened, revealing a beautiful young girl with shiny blonde hair. She held a sympathetic look as she noticed me in my miserable state, tied up to a chair.