2.4 - What it takes to break a heart

The driver turned around, still holding me tightly in his arms, trying to push me into the back.

"I won't repeat myself." Nathan spoke and he looked at me, but his anger hadn't faded.

"Who the hell are you?" The driver asked him.

"My identity is none of your business mate. Let her go!"

"Oh! The famous Nathan Sykes." He chuckled and squeezed my wrists. I yelped in pain and looked at Nathan for his help. He swiftly grabbed the driver by his neck and pulled him away from me. He tackled him to the ground and punched him hard on the face.

"Don't you dare say I didn't warn you." He told him as he kicked him away from us. The driver was left slightly unconscious as he struggled to keep his eyes open.

Nathan then walked to me and placed his hands on my face, stroking my cheek delicately. He looked into my eyes and I felt what happiness really was. I hadn't seen him in almost 8 months and I couldn't have felt anymore complete.

But suddenly realisation hit me. I realised that he had left me alone for nearly 8 months when he promised that he would come to take me back. I pushed his hands away and started walking away from him.

"Cara!" He called after me. "Cara! Wait!" He shouted with a frustrated tone. That sent me over the edge and I started walking faster. But he soon caught up and pulled my wrists to make me look at him.

"I can explain." He began but I cut him off.

"I don't need your bloody explanation! I waited day and night for you to keep your stupid promise. I even came looking for you, and you didn't even bother to check if I was alright! You never called or messaged me!"

"I was trying to protect you!" He defended himself.

"How exactly?"

"Well I'm here, saving your ass now!" He retorted angrily.

"You'll never change!" I spat at him and began walking away.

"Fine, walk away! Let's see how far you go, before Earl's men catch you and forcefully take you places where you don't want to be!" He called out.

"It's better than being with you!" I shouted back as I looked at him. But his expression softened as he saw me. His anger had faded and sadness started clouding over his eyes. He then followed me and pulled me back again.

"I don't want to lose you." He whispered as he brought my closer.

"I waited 7 months for you." I told him as I stared at him.

"I know. But I couldn't come to you because Earl was so keen on putting me in Jail. If I did go to jail and you stepped out to bring me out, his men would kill you Cara! Please try to understand what I'm saying!" He said as he shook me gently. My anger slowly left me as well as I started trusting him. I didn't know if I was making a mistake, but all I knew was that I was seeing him after such a long span of time. Words could not express the feelings that were hitting me at that point.

"Fine.." I whispered softly as I looked down. "I can't go back home because daddy is so keen on 'teaching me a lesson'!" I told him and he chuckled softly. "I don't see how this is funny." I commented with a straight face.

"You think I'm letting you go back there?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I don't know. I mean, in the past few months you weren't were keen on being with me. So.." I trailed off.

"Cara!" He sighed angrily. "Don't be that way!"

"Oh I'm sorry! Did I hurt your feelings?" I asked sarcastically.