2.15 - Trade all my tomorrows

Nathan had to move me to one of his houses outside the city. His father made sure that we were safe at all times but he didn't stay with us as he also had to protect Jess. Nathan refused to allow Jess to stay with us saying that it could be a possible risk to her life. I was kind of forced to be with him as he was protecting me, or he would have locked me up in some dungeon to keep me away from danger as well. But Nathan had some other plans in mind this time and they were ones that I hadn't begun to understand yet.

"We should just hand over the evidence, Nathan." I suggested but he overruled by advice.

"Nobody would believe us." He responded.

"It's all very clear and it's in those bank transactions and pictures. What would make them not believe us?" I asked.

"He's Earl bloody Foster! It's not as easy as it sounds! If it were, my father and I would have put him behind those bars a long time ago." He exclaimed and I nodded. I placed my hands over his to comfort him and he instantly relaxed.

"And I'm Cara Foster. Use me as much as you want to get what is yours." I told him and his head shot up.

"I could never-" He began.

"Nathan your mother was innocent. She didn't deserve what my father did to her. The only person I know who was slightly close to my father is me. Maybe ending my life would make him realise his sins." I explained and he frowned in response.

"If I took your life because he took my mother's, how different than him would I be?" He asked. "And besides, I would never give up your life for anyone!"

"Nathan-"

"No Cara! That's the end of this discussion!" He scolded as he got up and stormed out. I sighed as I slouched back into my chair. I couldn't move around much as I was still terribly wounded. I was using crutches to walk around as my left ankle was slightly sprained. But the doctors said that it would only be a week or 2 until I can walk again.

Nathan's phone started ringing and I looked to see who was calling him and it turned out to be Amira.

"Nath! It's your phone." I called and he came walking back in. He sat down back in his seat and answered the call.

"Yeah, Amira." He spoke and turned it onto loud speaker so I could hear them as well.

"How is Cara?" She asked.

"Better." He replied.

"Nathan, whatever happens, promise me you won't do anything stupid." She spoke.

"Like what?" He laughed coldly.

"Like putting her life in danger-" She said and Nathan immediately hung up like he didn't want to hear the rest.

I looked at him as he put his head down. I scooted closer to him and placed my hand over his once again.

"I don't mind if you're ready to sacrifice me for-"

"Cara, shut up!"

"No, Nathan! Please!" I exclaimed before taking a pause. "I've done so much to hurt you, so much to go against you when all you've done is protect me." I justified myself.

"We both know that is not true." He scoffed.

"Nathan! Whatever happens to me, it won't matter because we would stop a criminal from roaming the streets. I know he's my dad and I shouldn't be doing this, but if I helped him, I'm doing so by putting so many people's lives in danger. One of them being you, which I cannot afford anymore. I don't want more blood on my hands." I spoke as he stared at my face. He then shockingly pushed his lips onto mine and kissed me passionately.