1.16 - But you can't hide

Before the men could get me, Nathan walked to the wall and pulled me into him. He gave me an assuring look as he saw me tremble in fear.

He then pulled a gun out from his back and they all froze in their spots.

"So which one of you wants to die first?" He asked as he smirked in their direction.

"How does a little boy like you know how to pull a trigger?" The man sniggered.

My head was starting to spin and my throat started to burn.

"Nathan..." I whispered as I leaned into him. "My throat!" I croaked

I noticed Nathan's muscles tense as he pulled the gun further up and pointed it towards them.

"Step away, or I will shoot." Nathan told them as he started pushing me towards the door.

"Just handover the girl and everything will be alright." the man said sternly.

"Well that's never going to happen." Nathan said as he pushed me out of the house and locked the door. He literally threw me out of the house and I went to the corner and threw up one again. I wiped my mouth before grabbing my bottle of water and rinsing my mouth. I then heard noises of gunfire and people getting beaten down.

After 5 minutes Nathan stepped out, like everything was so normal. He threw something out of his bag and then walked to me.

"You alright?" He asked as he stroked my cheek.

"You killed someone?" I stammered.

He sighed and decided not to answer. He intertwined our fingers and dragged me to the car. He put me in the back seat and got out a little blanket from his bag before draping it over me. I smiled at him and he returned it before kissing my forehead. He then shut the door and went to the driver's seat.

He pulled out his phone and chose a contact to call.

"Yeah. It's Nath. They found us. I'm taking her away. To Brighton."

"Yes Father."

"Yes."

"Alright. I'll call you soon." He said before he hung up.

"You're so polite to your father." I commented and he looked at the rear view mirror and smiled.

"How are you feeling?" He asked as he turned the ignition on.

"Horrible." I muttered. "what would you do to me if I wrecked your car seats?" I asked him.

"Kill you!" He retorted.

"Yeah, then we'll have to make constant stops on the road." I told him and he chuckled and turned around. He reached out for my hand and I placed it in his. He then brought it to his lips and kissed it.

"I'll get you to a doctor. I promise." He whispered as he let go off my hand and faced the road. He then pulled away and started driving.

I soon found myself drifting off.

-

Nathan's Point Of View

I watched as Cara slept in the backseat. I was trying my best to concentrate on the road but I was so worried about her. Her breathing was very loud and I realised that she was very sick.

She suddenly woke up and took a deep breath.

"Nathan." She mumbled as she looked at me.

"Nathan stop the car now." She panicked and I understood what she meant. I pulled over on the side of the road and she jumped out.