1.21 - 'Not a bad thing'

Jess emerged from the side and ran to Nathan as she gave him a tight hug. Both Nathan and I breathed a sigh of relief as Nathan hugged her back.

"Couldn't you have taken care of yourself?" She asked angrily as she pulled away and shook him. It was a little funny how she reacted to the situation. But I would have also reacted the same way if my sibling had gotten into an accident, so I completely understood her emotions.

"Jess, I'm fine." Nathan chuckled.

"Do you have any idea how worried I was?" She exclaimed.

"Jess! Seriously! I'm alright!" He laughed more and looked at me. I returned a smile and sat back down in my seat.

"Why did you have to take a bullet Nath?" She asked. I looked at Nathan as he looked tense. He ran his hands through his hair and looked like he was thinking of a cover up.

"It was an accide-" He began but I cut him off.

"It was because of me. That bullet was meant for me." I said blankly and Jess looked shocked and terrified at the same time.

"What?" She said, which barely came out as a whisper.

"She's lying. The man shot me." Nathan said as he gave me a stern look. But I wasn't scared of him anymore. I had nothing to be scared of.

"It was for me. And your brother was kind enough to save me." I told Jess and she came over and engulfed me in a hug, which I surprisingly returned.

"I'm glad you're ok." She told me as she smiled.

"I didn't think you would do that Nathan." She told Nathan and he smiled softly towards me, which made my heart flutter.

"So... Jess... what are you doing here?" Nathan asked to cover up an emerging awkward silence.

"Father asked me to check on you, so I came. Anyway, I'll leave now." She announced as she stood up to leave. Nathan walked her to the door and decided to stay back. I could hear the siblings chatting, but their voices were barely audible from my location. I didn't want to listen to their conversation either, so I rested my head on the table and started getting lost in my thoughts again.

But soon, I heard Nathan's footsteps as he sat down next to me and bent down to kiss my shoulder. I sat back up and smiled at him which he returned.

"What do you want to do?" He asked, trying to cheer me up as he poked my sides. I squeeled a little, feeling ticklish and I pushed his hands away.

"You're so cute." He commented as he leaned forward and kissed my cheek. I smiled and pecked his lips, but he wanted more than just a small kiss. He put his hand behind my head and pulled me into a deep, yet loving kiss. He then kissed along my jawline making me giggle a little for an unknown reason. He pulled away with a smile and cocked his eyebrow up.

"It was a little ticklish." I explained and he chuckled.

"So, what do you want to do now, babe?" He asked and I shrugged. "You're so boring!" He commented as he stood up and placed his plate in the sink before pouring some water over it.

"Sorry." I muttered, still not being in the best mood. He sighed as he wrapped his around my waist from behind and kissed my shoulder.

"What's wrong Cara? Tell me." He insisted.

"Nothing." I shook my head.

"I'm not going to judge or hurt you." He giggled as he kissed my neck.

"How can you be so happy?" I asked as I unwrapped his arms from around me.

"What do you mean?"

"It's like it doesn't matter to you at all, that soon we are not going to be together." I screamed as I turned around to face him.