Chapter 44

Daryl and I ended up taking the bag back once seeing the insulin inside. We stuck with them for a while but the younger girl Tina ended up getting bit. When we got back to where Daryl got his bike Dwight and Sherry caught us off guard and took the bike leaving us there. Luckily we found a fuel truck and went to find Abraham and Sasha. It was a tight squeeze for the four of us but both Sasha and I were small so we were able to work it out.

On our way back to Alexandra we were stipped by a group of men on bikes. They demanded put weapons and wanted to kill us. One of them took Daryl around the back of the truck. Only a few minutes passed when the group of men was blown up. Looking over I saw Daryl holding a grenade launcher. We got back in the truck and headed back to Alexandra only to see it overrun by walkers. We helped Maggie and Glenn then backed the truck up to the lake and Daryl spilled fuel into it shooting a grenade onto it and setting it on fire attracting the walkers. We ran into Alexandra and started fighting and killing walkers helping those who being cornered.

After all the walkers were killed we were told Carl had been shot by Jesse's oldest boy after his mother and brother were killed by walkers. Fortunately, Carl was alright and would recover. We were able to clean Alexandra up and rebuild the walls. Everything went well for a while until we had a new threat.

We met a man who called himself Jesus and leads us to a new community. It was nice knowing there were others out there and we weren't the only ones left. We took a trip to this community called Hill Top. They had fresh vegetables, cattle, weapons amongst other things.  Rick, unfortunately, offered to help kill a man named Negan.  We went to an outpost killing everyone.

Maggie and Carol were taken by other people from that group and taken to an old slaughter place. Unfortunately, those people underestimated them and were killed by Maggie and Carol. By doing this we were able to trade with Hill Top. Maggie found out she was pregnant and got an ultrasound of her baby.

After a few weeks Carol took off causing Daryl, Glenn, and Sasha, and Michonne to go after her. Maggie started having pains and I was concerned for her son Rick, me, Carl, Eugene,  Abraham, Rosita, and Aaron all got in the RV to head to Hill Top since they had an ultrasound machine and an OGBYN. But on our way, we kept being blocked by men. Eventually, we decided to get out and carry Maggie to Hill Top and Eugene stayed with the RV.

That however didn't work out and we were lead into a clearing in the woods, made to kneel on our knees. The RV was in front of us and a van was beside it. A man opened the door only to drag out Rosita, Mishonne, Glenn, and Daryl. Daryl was forced on his knees beside me and I looked over to him.

"Oh, my god, Daryl," I said and he looked at me. He had been shot in the shoulder. His skin was pale, sweaty, and clammy looking. I brushed his hair out of his face and tried to look at his shoulder but was stopped by a gun being put to the back of my head. I stopped and moved back where I was. Another man pounded on the RV door and a man with slicked-back black hair, leather jacket, and a baseball bat wrapped in barbwire stepped out. He introduced himself as Negan.

He knelt Rick talking about how we killed his men and now he had to kill one of ours. He started playing eeny meany miny moe when he stopped all of a sudden looking down at me glaring at him. He chuckled before he knelt in front of me.

He looked at Rick for a second and turned back around. "Well, holy shit, darling. What's with that look?" He asked me.

"You're a sick bartered playing a game to see who dies," I said looking at him in the eye. He laughed and put his bat under my chin. "I can just tell by the way you're looking at me that you related to Rick," he said smiling. "So what it is? Sister? You're too old to be his daughter,"

"Fuck you," I answered and he laughed. "I like you," he said before standing up and going back to picking which one of us would die.  He ended up landing on Abraham who straightened up and puffed out his chest. Negan brought his bat down hard on his head making everyone flinch. When Abraham straightened put again Negan laughed and hot him again. He taunted Rosita causing Daryl to jump up punching him. 

Dwight was there and put Daryl's s crossbow to his head when I jumped up pulling a knife from my boot and holding the end of it to his neck pressing down on it. "Tell him to drop it or this knife goes through his carotid artery," I hissed. Negan smiled and told Dwight to put the crossbow down. He did and I slowly let the knife go and dropped it to the ground.

Two men came over and grabbed me and Daryl putting us back in line. Negan went on to say he warned us that Glenn was the only one exception when he jumped forward to protect Maggie. He brought his bat up and I thought he was going to kill Daryl but instead he brought it down on Glenn's head. Daryl fell back into me in shock and I wrapped my arms around him to keep him upright. Glenn looked over to Maggie who was crying. His one eye popped out of his head. He told her he'd always find her.

I felt tears running down my face as Negan hot him over and over again. I buried my head in the crook of Daryls neck trying to block out the sound. When he was down he took Rick into the RV and drove off leaving us there kneeling on the ground with guns pointed to the back of our heads. Once he was back he tried to get him to cut off Carl's arm but Rick gave in to him and agreed to do what he wanted.

"Grab... hell what's their names?" Negan asked.

"Daryl and Nikyla. She's a doctor," Dwight told him. "Well, shit! Looks like I got myself a got personal doctor," Negan said smiling. "Put them in the van they're coming with,"

Me and Daryl were put in the van and taken to a place called the Sanctuary. Daryl was able to get us out of there after being there for a few months. We stayed at Hill Top since we knew they would look of us at Alexandria. We met another community called The Kingdom.

We were able to convince Rick to fight Negan. Carl ended up being bit trying to save someone but we continued the fight. And after months of back and forth, we won. Maggie wanted him dead but Rick kept him alive after slitting his throat. He made me save him and once he was able to be moved we moved him from Hill Top back to Alexandra to the cell where he would spend the rest of his life.