Chapter 42

About a week or so later Daryl had the bike put together and he went out with war on to scout for people.

In the mean time I was back at Alexandria patching my brother up. He fell for Jessie the surgeons wife. The two men ended up getting into the fit and Michonne had to knock Rick out.

Now I was knelt beside him as he laid on a thin mattress in a cell in one of the unfinished apartments. They both had gone right through Jessie's picture window at the front of the house.

It has been a few days since that all happen. Deanna called a town meeting at her place. To discuss what Rick did. As we all sat around and listened. Pete came in with Michonne's sword. Rick walked in with a dead walker. Someone didn't close the gate.

Pete got mad and went to swing at Rick but Rick dodged him and Pete ended up sitting Deanna's husbands neck. He fell to the ground and I ran over dropping to the ground.

I wrapped my hands arpund his throat trying to stop the bleeding but I knew it was no use. He died in seconds. The blood just seeped through my fingers.

Deanna looked at Rick "do it," she said. So k looled down at Pete who was on the ground and he shot him in the head. Thats when a man walked in "Rick?" He said. Then Daryl and Aaron walked in behind him.

We buried Deanna's husband inside the walls. But as for Pete Rick and who I learned to be Morgan was going to take outsode the walls to bury.

Morgan was the man who saved Rick when he woke up in the hospital and went back home. Then when Rick, Michonne and Carl went back when we had the first war with the governor he was still in the town. He lost his son after his mother bit him.

He ended up going and searching for Rick but saw the prison was destroyed so he followed the tracks and eventually ended up at the church and found a map. He saved Daryl and Aaron when they got stuck in a car surrounded by walkers.

When Rick and Morgan came back he they told everyone about a quarry that was filled with thousands and thousands of walkers. That's why Alexandria was still here and everyone was still safe. But Rick said it looked like that wouldn't last long if it wasn't taken care of. So we made a plan.

We built temporary walls to help guide the walkers. Then pal was Sasha and Abraham wpuld be in a car to help lead them away. Daryl was going to be one his bike to lead them away as well.

Of course I didn't like that idea one bit. I hated how much I cared for him. I hated the fact I was falling for him. I hated how I loved him. I hated how I knew he would never live me back or feel the way I did.

That's why I made the dumb decision to go with him. Rick hated that but it wasn't his choice. I was afraid something would happen and Daryl would get hurt and have no one around to help him. I was afraid he would get bitten.

So while at the quarry I got on the back of his bike and wrapped my arms around his waist. I had my backpack with the medical supplies I always carried around.

"What are you doin?"  Daryl asked.

"Going with you," I simply said.

"Nikyla!" I heard Rick yell.

I turned to see him running towards me. "Get off, now!" He said.

"No, I think I'll stay here. It's not your choice Rick," I said.

Walkers were coming up from the quarry as the trucks were moved. Daryl slow started moving forward.

"Why you coming anyway. Ya could get hurt," he said.

"I'm coming because if you or Sasha or Abe gets hurt I can help," i said.

We slowly drove down the road the massive horde of walker following us. We got to where we had the walls built up to direct them they way we wanted them to go. Some of the walkers were straying off so Abraham got out of the car and got their attention before getting back in the car.

Then all of a sudden we heard a loud horn going off. It sounded like it was coming from back at Alexandria. We were half way to our mark when Daryl said about going back. He radioed Rick but got nothing. Me, Abrham and Sasha protested but he drove off.

"Daryl! Daryl! We can't leave them! Rick and the others can handle whatever it is!" I shouted bit he ignored me.

Rick finally came on the radio and said to keep on that he had everything handled. Daryl ended looking around and we came out onto the road we had been on just ad Sasha and Abraham were coming. That's when we were shit at. Sasha and Abraham went one way and Daryl went another.

He tried avoiding whoever was shootingat us. They had hit one of the tires which caused me and Daryl to go skidding off the bike. We got up quickly and Daryl pushed the bike onto a path that lead into the woods.

Once far enough in he dropped the bike and we both laid on the ground breathing heavey. "You all right?" He asked me.

"Yeah, just a few scraps and bruises. How about you?" I asked.

"M'good," he said.

We stood up and daryl looked around out of breath and pulled the walkie out.

"Sasha? Abraham, are you there?" He asked.

But you got nothing but static. I looked down to see a burned skeleton and noticed blood dripping on it. I looked over at Daryl and gasped.

"Daryl" I said.

"Huh?" He asked.

I looked at his hand and seaw that it was all bloody. "You're bleeding" I told him and gently took his arm in my hands.

He looked down at his hand and brought it up taking off his glove. I helped him take his vest and jacket off.  He through his jacket over on the ground by the bike and looked at his arm.

I took my back pack off and set it on the ground as I knelt down. "You must have cut it when we skidded," I told him.

Then we heard a twig snap. "Come here," he told me.

I grabbed my bag and zipped before tgroughing it over my shoulders. I stood beside Daryl who slightly pushed me behind him.

We both looked around and Daryl went over getting his crossbow. He put his finger to his lips to tell me to be quiet and so I nodded my head saying I understood. Daryl took his crossbow putting over his shoulder and dragged the blacked branches and coveted his bike and jacket. I walked behind him as he raised his crossbow and walked towards the noise.