Chapter 22

It's been a few days since Hershel had his leg bitten then cut off. We had managed to find crutches for him. And today was going to be the day he got up to use them for the first time.  We helped him up and he started off good so we went outside.

Glenn and Maggie had been out in one of the guard towers for watch. Rick, T-Dog, Daryl, and Carol were outside dragging bodies out to burn.
Me, Lori, Beth, and Carl walked outside with Hershel.

Everything was going great then walkers came out of nowhere.  Beth and Hershel got say behind a caged in walkway. Maggie and Carl got Lori safe inside, I ran in through a door and had no idea where I was going. I ran through halls passed walkers. Killing any that got too close.

I ran around a corner and a hand went over my mouth and the other around my waist. "Miss me?" I heard the voice I dressed whisper in my ear. It was Trevor. I started to struggle but he held me tighter and growled out to stop moving.

I knew I needed to get away so and I had my knife still in my hand he wasn't being smart so I jammed it into his leg and when he groaned and screamed bitch at me I ran as fast as I could.

I was lost and had no idea where I was. I day an orange metal door and ran for it. I pushed it open and ran outside. It looked like it was on the other side of the prison. So I just ran trying to find my way back to the front. "I'm going to fucking kill you!" I heard Trevor scream.

"How the fuck is he even running?!" I thought.

What I wasn't aware of was that while Rick and Glenn were trying to find Carol and T-Dog, Daryl had seen me running through that door. So he was following me trying to find me.

One moment I was running and the next I was being grabbed by the hair and being pulled back. "No!" I screamed.

"Did you really think that would work?" Trevor said spinning me around to face him. His left hand went around my throat and tightened. "Big brother isn't here to save you now," he growled and then smirked.

"You know maybe I should have my way with You. Take my time. I've been missing the way you feel," he said. His face was so close to me breath fanning me. He leaning down and kissed my neck. Then I felt the knife I had shoved In his leg running up under the hem of my shirt. The blade covered in blood now on my skin.

"I'm....I'm not scared of y-you,"  I stuttered.

Well, that did not sound convincing at all. "Ha! Of baby girl, we both know you are. I can feel you trembling," he said.

I needed to do something so I decided to try and lie. Maybe catch him off guard or lore him into false hope. "Trevor, please. Don't do this. We can work this out. We can go back to being like we were in the beginning. Remember? We were so in love. You were my first everything and my last. I never dated anyone after.... after that night. I've never let another man touch me the way you did," I said looking into his eyes.

"You think I'm going to believe you never fucked another guy?!" He hissed.

"It's true. I couldn't. I wasn't able to picture myself with someone other than you," I said.

I slowly brought my trembling hand to his face and put my palm against his cheek. He leaned into my hand just the slightest. I didn't want to get my hopes up that my plan was working because he had a temper and that temper would kill me. "I've been in love with you since I was 19," I said.

"I thought... I thought you had stopped loving me when you first hit me but I wanted to try to change your mind. Then that night you almost killed me, I knew it was one-sided. I'm sorry I made you mad. I promise this time I'll do whatever you want, I'll listen I promise," I begged and let my eyes fill with fake tears.

Trevor looked at me, he had an expressionless face. I couldn't tell he what he was thinking. He still had a hand around my throat and the knife against my stomach. Then the grip on my throat got tighter and my hand flew to his wrist. I felt my feet lift off the ground. "You were always a bad liar Nikyla," he chuckled darkly.

"You think I would believe all that bullshit?! I'm going to kill you then I'm going to kill you brother," he said.

"Let her go!" I heard a gruff voice yell.

Daryl?! He was here. I wasn't going to die.

Trevor turned his head to look at Daryl. "Ahh. Look the little protective boyfriend comes to the rescue," he laughed.

"What're ya going to do shoot me with your little crossbow?" He mocked.

Daryl took a step and Trevor yelled "one more move and she's dead!"

Trevor looked at me for a second then to Daryl. I could see the evil glint in his eyes. Then I felt a sharp white-hot pain in my stomach. His grip on my neck loosened. And I fell to the ground hard. I looked over to see Trevor with and arrow in his head.

I looked down at my shirt to see it quickly being soaked in blood. I took trembling hands and put them over the wound. Blood seeping through my fingers. It hurt like hell. I started feeling faint and my vision was getting dark.

"Hey! No! Keep yer eyes open! Nik! Look at me girl!" Daryl yelled.

He had taken the red rag he always seemed to have and pressed it against my stomach. I screamed in pain. "I need ya to hold this with one hand and put your other around my neck. Imma get ya back to the cell block," he said.

"Daryl," I whispered.

He looked at me questioningly. "I don't wanna die," I said.

"Yer not gonna die," he said and lifted me up and ran his way back around the prison. Everyone move hurt. It was like a searing white-hot pain spreading through my stomach.

We rounded arou d the building to see everyone but Maggie, Carl, Lori, T-Dog, and Carol. "Hey! I need help now!" Daryl yelled.

"What happened?" Rick said.

"That asshole ex of hers," Daryl said.

"Where is he?" Rick asked.

"Dead. I killed him," Daryl said.

Hershel was right beside Daryl having Beth help him keep the pressure on my stomach. I was starting to fade but then we heard a small cry. Looking over Maggie walked out of the cellblock with a baby in her arms and Carl behind her.