31. Into you...

2.49 a.m. KST Seoul South Korea

Donghae tossed and turned on his bed, covering himself head to toe with his bed cover. His old familiar room was only flooded with darkness which didn't provide much of a comfort as he wondered about the heart-stopping moment he'd had with Jake back at the Jet now almost five days ago.

Donghae sighed. He stretched his hand and groped around the bed looking for his phone. After finding it, he switch it on; only to find that there weren't any calls from Hyukjae. Slightly annoyed,  he chucked the phone back on to the mattress and stared up at the ceiling.

Where are you? You arn't picking up my calls or answering my texts!

After coming back to the Maranzano family house, the first thing Jake had done was to order Donghae to stay behind while he'd disappeared down the hallway with Luca, promising that he'll be back soon. Its been days since he last got a glimps of him. Donghae  glanced at the digital clock that stood on the table beside the bed and was amazed that it was already 3 in the morning.

'Maybe he has gone with Luca to do something really important' thought Donghae, disappointment weighing him down. He urged himself to be reasonable, but it was proving to be hard by the minute.

He was still wondering what to do when he heard the door open in his room. Instantly, he sat up on his bed while clutching the pistol he always had from under the pillows and...stared,

It was Jake Maranzano all right, but with a low-key drunk appearance about him. His shirt buttons were undone halfway down his chest, his jet black hair looked like it had been dragged across a cyclone. To top it all, he was smiling, which made Donghae realize instantly that Jake might seriously not in his stable mindset.

"Donghaeee" he slurred, as he leaned heavily on the door frame while holding a glass of alcohol in his hand.

Without saying a word, Donghae observed him, did he just wait for all this time to be greeted by Jake like..this?

"Aren't you gonna invite me in?" asked Jake while he himself walked in and closed the door behind him. "that's soooo fucking-" he paused and thought for a moment, "rude"

Donghae leaned back on the bed frame and regarded Hyukjae stonily.

"Did Luca talk you into this? Or did you just disappear for a few days for fun?" he asked finally as Jake came and stood sloppily infront of his bed.

"Luca?" crooned Jake frowning,  looking as if it was the first time he was hearing about someone like that. Then he shook his head theatrically,

"I wassss celebrating y'know? A company worth billions Donghae, not everyone has the same wit as me" said Jake trying to look proud but failing miserably.  "Luca who?"

"forget it" muttered Donghae tiredly and turned to the other side.

"I am!" shouted Jake suddenly as brought down the glass hard on the table, "I am the fucking LEADER of Falcons and NO fucking idiot can stop me" he said pointing lopsidedly at himself while Donghae tried not to laugh out loud.

"But there's one idiot who can try to stop me" said Jake slightly bending forward.

"Is it me?" asked Donghae raising an eyebrow.

Jake swayed dangerously to the side but jerked straight again.

"now why the hell did I come into this worthless room where I can't even see a thing?" wondered Jake aloud unsticking himself from the table.

"oh right..the bathroom!" he said without letting Donghae speak.

"Jake-"

But he held up one hand, stopping Donghae in mid sentence, "Don't ever...try to find stuff for me"