41. Yakuza & the Billionaire.

Location: Osaka Bay, Japan.
11.23 p.m.

Even though the sky over the horizon was slowly gaining grey-blue rain clouds, it couldn't do much to dampen the rich sizzling auras of night life near and around the Osaka bay. The streets boasted a confused mixture of traditional lanterns; along with digital advertising boards that showed latest phone models and Coca-Cola bottles dipped in ice. It was colourful and lively, with faint shouts of cheering and gold-red lights of the slowly moving traffic on the Marine drive.

Two sleek black Land Rovers rolled smoothly down the road and stopped infront of the richly lit Casino; with its neon coloured lights and blaring digital signs.

The doors slid opened in the second jeep and 6 heavily armed men got out from it, immediately moving towards the vehicle infront of them.

When Donghae got out from the jeep, the first thing that caught his attention was the spectacular view of the ferris wheel that was spinning in a colourful laziness away in the distance. He tore his eyes away from the sight and walked around the back of the jeep to meet Hyukjae who was still on the same phone call with Luca.

"keep looking, and if anything happens, you know what to do" said Jake in a low voice and put his phone back into his coat pocket.

Donghae was tensed himself. He somehow had to find Tanaka's son before Jake did, or else it would be a complete disaster. He had been uncannily silent during their little trip to Japan, but Donghae doubted if Jake noticed this because he was so preoccupied with the frequent number of phone calls he was receiving from time to time, and Donghae didn't think that it was Luca either.

Jake turned towards him, snapping him out of his trance like concerns.

"don't think I didn't notice your silence" said Jake, after ordering the falcons to park both vehicles in the underground car park of the hotel. "what's wrong?"

Donghae immediately halted in his tracks... Shit

"I've got airplane lag" said Donghae with his best innocent look, "you don't want me throwing up do you?"

Jake looked at him, it was not a judging look, but more of a silent adoring look which made Donghae blush slightly. But he hastily whipped his expressions from his face before it turned into a full-blown smile...

"It's jet-lag" smirked Jake, walking forward after giving Donghae an affectionate bang on the back, "learn your words first for fuck's sake"

"right" muttered Donghae moodily from behind him and followed Jake up the white marbled staircase.

Loud music seemed to be oozing through the fancy golden double doors, where three or four guards stood wearing full suit with big revolvers clutched in their arms. They looked so burly that Donghae instantly walked up next to Hyukjae who was calmly gliding up the stairs.

"Identification?" growled one of the Japanese guards at Donghae who quickly glanced at Jake out of pure habit. Luca would've made a fucking good first impression on them!
He felt the rest of the falcons come and stand behind them silently as Jake took off the blue Armani shades from his eyes. Immediately, the big guards put out their weapons away in unison and bowed low. They kept bowing until the double doors opened infront of them.

To Donghae, it felt as though he was slapped in the face with music, the moment the doors closed behind them, the enormous hall ahead became a whirlwind of neon lights, betting shouts and half dressed exotic women. Everything was turned into a blaze of colours and suddenly Donghae had no idea which was which anymore.

Out of nowhere, he felt Jake grip his hand tightly and pull him towards one of the hot looking leather booths those were placed around the corner. It seemed that most of them were already occupied with all sorts of people. A mixture of Korean, Japanese and Italian men colonized the sofas. Amidst of all these were women, glamorous and mesmerising geishas who were literally molding themselves into these rich mafia gangsters.