34. Fireworks

"Where are we going?" asked Donghae curiously, looking out through the tinted glass of the shining black Ford. It felt weird sitting with both Luca an Jake who were equally silent.

'Why arn't they speaking?' he wondered absently. True it felt weird when he looked back through the rear mirror to see 8 jet black Defenders following them. Each was filled with a deadly variety of Falcons.

"Can't anyone tell me what's going on? asked Donghae sheepishly.

Luca heaved an annoyed sigh and looked at him through the mirror.

"Rule number infinity" stormed Luca, "you are NOT fucking allowed to ask questions! especially when both your superiors are in the same place!"

"Is that true?" asked Donghae, glancing at Jake's steel blue eyes. Jake looked back at him but after a few seconds of gazing, he turned away from Donghae, looking as if he had something on his mind.

Again Donghae wondered what was wrong with him, Jake didn't feel or act the same way since that thing happened between them in the morning, Donghae suddenly started blushing uncontrollably when he remembered what exactly happened inbetween them.

Donghae glanced at the touch screen control panel resting between them. He really wanted to see what happens if he raised that tiny scale in the middle. But he qickly resisted the urge to touch it since the vehicle suddenly came to halt on a bare under -construction space of land in the middle of Seoul. The following 8 defenders that came crashing behind, parked themselves around the black Ford, making a protective circle around them.

Donghae blinked at their powerful glare of headlights that came crashing into his vicinity from all sides. He barely had any idea what was happening, but it was useless asking anyone about anything since they considered him a little better than a thin shadow among them.

Luca quickly got out and came around to open Jake's door, and without a word, Hyukjae stepped  out of the car while Luca held the door respectfully. Donghae also opened the door and clambered out.

Outside, the sky was turning from a dark shade of lavender to a colour of dark Persian blue and Donghae noticed that the stars were unusually bright that night.

That's when he saw a tall man with a number of armed guards come strolling towards them. Once they got closer Donghae got a clear view of the man.

He was wearing what looked like a deadly expensive version of a tight Gucci pyjama that had a shade of violent red. A nose ring and a slash of mutilated flesh decorated his otherwise handsome face.

"Thannnkyou for accepting our payment rulezzz Maranzano" he slurred in a deep voice, while chucking out his hand which Jake studiously ignored.

"I'm glad we can finally agree on to something" said Jake in a matching bored voice.

"Ehhh Maranzano, we were both traumatized by that man, so I think the least we can do is agree and help each other is it not?"

"Unlike you" said Jake in a cold voice, taking a step forward, "I did not get traumatized as you said, I'm sorry to hear you got unnerved by him"

The man glanced at him and burst in to a booming laugh, "Aye Maranzano, you are just like what they say you're like nah? No one can get fuck-en word ahead of you no?" 

"You could say that" said Hyukjae smugly.

"I'm here to watch things blow up! Me and my Wolves want to see things burnnn" shouted the man gleefully, while the guards at the back clung their weapons more tightly when the saw the Falcons stand behind Jake, weapons loaded and pointing on the ground.