37. Look Up To You

| Sometimes when I say
'I'm ok'; I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight and say,
'I know you're not' |
(- source: Pinterest)

Jake walked up the yellowed grassy path along the wide moor, it was a pleasantly bright day, with the sky having a beautiful shade of fresh corn flower blue. Luca was crunching along beside him, and 5 falcon guards trailed behind them; all wearing their black uniform suites while Jake himself wore a simple black coat.

Although it was a bright day, a cool breeze was russeling the dry grass blades, making wave after wave appear throughout the mass expanse of the land where little 3 petaled purple flowers kept popping up almost everywhere,

Jake smiled to himself when he saw them, 'Donghae would've loved this' he thought to himself,

"Yes he would, he's always running after flowers and all that ridiculous things" huffed Luca, while Jake stared at him, not having realized that he had been talking aloud at all. He felt like kicking himself, but Luca was already looking at the ground.

Jake glanced up. Looming ahead of them, covered in mist; he saw the magnificent blue -green mass of the Chiri-san mountains, its peaks being visible, which sometimes happened rarely.

With every step he took, Hyukjae began to see the the mighty headstones of the Maranzano Family Empire rising themselves across the skyline as he walked closer towards the foot of the mountains. Jake almost had an uncanny feeling that the dead Maranzanos were raising themselves to greet him, to look at him... to judge him...

"Are you ok?" asked Luca in concern, looking at Jake's pale face, "you look tired Boss"

"I'm not tired" he snapped and walked towards one of the nearest tombstone that was decorated with a huge granite Falcon with his gigantic wings open... staring at him..

Jake gulped nervously as his eyes travelled across the gold name plate attached to the pillar; like it did every year,

|In the Great Honour & Pride of the Maranzano Family:
♛🕆♛
Here lies His Lordship
RAFAËL PIETRO MARANZANO 18th Consecutive Leader of
THE FALCON CIRCLE
"Lasciatevi guidare dal possente Falco"
May your Mighty soul Rest In Peace|

Jake didn't know why he was feeling nervous. He rarely did, but it always happened when he was standing in front of ancient generations and generations of Maranzanos who have died knowing that they had done everything they could to nurture the Falcon Circle.

'But am I like them?' thought Jake, glancing back at Luca and all the Falcons who were standing dutifully behind the low stone wall. 'Have I done enough for the Falcon circle?'

Luca looked at Jake, and saw him looking back at him, Jake's eyes motioned him to come and stand with him, but he knew he shouldn't, the low stone wall running around the tombs itself indicated that none other than a true descendant of the Maranzano bloodline should ever cross it. If  he did, then its a serious break of respect.

'You know I can't Hyukjae' thought Luca, clenching his fists as he stared back at him, hoping that his eyes gave a clear message that he won't cross the line although he really wanted to.

sighing, Jake looked back at the tomb and gently placed the bunch of Sun flowers that he'd been holding so tightly at the foot of the pillar. He stood silently at the base of his grandfather's tomb, saying the Falcon oath over and over inside his head. He'd never known his grandfather, who had died only a year before he was born. But he clearly remembered the stories his father used to tell him before going to bed every night. His grandfather would be his hero in each story...