21. Little Secrets

"I...um-" Hyukjae said uncertainly and came inside his room; closing the door behind him and locking it. What fucking shit is he supposed to say now!?

Donghae was still staring at him as if he'd seen a damn ghost while Hyukjae raked his brains to come up with a good excuse of why he was not at the party, drowning himself in alcohol.

"What are you doing here?" asked Donghae slowly getting up.

'Great idiot' thought Hyukjae. "I can come into my room when ever I fucking want Lee Donghae"

Donghae walked up to him and Hyukjae took a step back; it was unnerving.

"I know that" said Donghae quietly, "but, arn't you supposed to be with Cecily right now?"

Jake snorted at the mention of Cecily. "What? are you already coupling us?"

Donghae looked ashen all of a sudden and his voice wavered as he spoke,

"Did she give you your birthday gift?"

"Yes she did" said Jake nodding, "but I'm fucking sure that it was all that bitch's goddamn idea"

"It was" said Donghae smiling for the first time. "She didn't listen to me"

"That little snake doesn't listen to anyone, even if it's her own father"

"Jake" said Donghae; his voice coloured by a tone of urgency; "I know that you probably got like a shit load of million dollar gifts but-"

Donghae took out the Persian Blue velvet wrapped box that he had been holding tightly and pressed it onto Jake's hand.

"happy birthday Hyukjae" he whispered.

Hyukjae didn't glance at the box. He was looking striaght at Donghae; his blue-gray eyes taking him in disbelief and confusion. Without taking his eyes off from Donghae, Jake opened the little box and finally looked at it, the Ying-Yang symbol glowed inside its cocoon of soft white velvet.

"Thankyou" said Jake quietly, a tingling feeling was running down his spine. He took out the two necklaces and held them, their sterling silver chains glittering to the lights in the bed room.

"I-" said Donghae, trying hard to break the awkward silence between them. "I know it's not much but-"

But suddenly Jake took out the white part of the necklace and unclipped the hook. He pulled Donghae close and put the chain around his slender neck. He felt Donghae's pulse quicken through his shirt. After putting it on, he took the black one and held it to him.

"Put it on me"

With a little smile, Donghae took it from his fingers and Jake turned around, waiting. Donghae carefully put the chain aroung his neck a clicked the hook into place. He knew his heart was beating fast but he he couldn't so anything to stop it.

"You know? It's the first time I'm accepting a gift from my employees"

"Then I must be the lucky one" said Donghae jokingly; sitting down on the bed. Hyukjae sat down next to him.

"You are" he said running a his fingers theough his raven black hair while Donghae noticed the viens that stood out in his hand.
For the first time, he truely noticed the tattoos on his arms. They were beautiful.

"You must have spent a fucking lifetime in the tattoo palour getting all those snakes in your arms" said Donghae

Hyukjae smirked, "that's true, it's only one third of all the tattoos I have, after everytime I do some business, I get a tattoo to represnt what I did"