30. Unlicensed Ride.

"What the hell!? Are we supposed to risk our meeting place like this?!" shouted the man whose shadowy figure was outlined by the thin strip of light that fell from the ceiling.

"Calm the fuck down Rex" said the Captain who was sitting in front of him. At the head of the table sat Madame LaVerè and to her left sat Donghae's mother, looking at them with her hawk- like gaze.

"how can I calm down?" growled the first man, "when will Cosa Nostra have their base back?"

"we will soon have it" grunted the Captain without much conviction, and the other man just nodded, apparently having second thoughts about funding Cosa Nostra. He gave a wary glance at LaVerè.

"This is your organization madame! aren't you concerned about not having a stable enough base for these secret activities?"

Lady LaVerè gave a small smile and looked at the man, clicking her long nails but refusing to answer. Sure the room looked dirty, but it's elegance of old times still hung around the place. She had particularly liked the old winding staircase.

A few moments later, the door opened and a young boy walked in wearing a dark Zegna suit, his dark brown hair was pulled back and he slowly walked inside, cautiously taking in every individual sitting on the table.

He stopped and looked at the new face, but didn't comment. Rex gave the boy a piercing stare and his hand slowly went towards his pistol that he kept in his pocket. But he suddenly stopped when he heard a bullet clicking into place infront of him.

"You can try that again" growled the Captain with a smug smile.

"good you are here Donghae we can start" the lady who was sitting next to LaVerè smiled.

Although he was used to seeing men suddenly pointing pistols at him, Donghae's body gave an unnatural shudder. Without saying a word, he sat down at the only empty spot on the table, right opposite to his mom. Donghae gave a her a watery smile and she returned it.

"We need to get Antonio away from here as quickly as possible" said LaVerè curtly, "Rex, it's all on you"

The man gave a single nod.

"who is Antonio?" asked Donghae, trying hard to look as if he knew nothing. LaVerè looked at him for a second and then she relented after a short nod from his mother.

"Antonio Galway is someone who worked for Cosa Nostra from the very beginning. We put up a rumor saying that he died, but he is very much still alive. Until recent times we've used him as a spy but" she continued, "last week one of his sensors went off when he was in his hotel room, unless I'm very much mistaken, it's the Falcons"

"so" said Donghae gazing directly at LaVerè, "why are we shipping him off suddenly?"

"Donghae" said his mom half exasperated, "don't you understand? If Falcons catch him, it'll sure be the damn end of us all! He knows too much about Cosa Nostra and so much about you"

Donghae gulped, so this is why...

"He is scheduled to fly this evening" grunted Rex. "we also need to take some precautions though, so I'm suggesting that we keep motion laser guns trained at the jet"

"agreed" said the Captain slamming his fists on the table, making the ash at the end of his cigar tumble down onto the table.

Donghae didn't know why he was keeping his mouth shut like this, he wanted to yell at them to stop, he wanted to scream that Falcons already knew what was going on but for some reason his mouth felt like it was padlocked.

This would be a great opportunity to kill Jake...imagine a life without him Donghae! You don't have to hide anymore! You can become the leader of Cosa Nostra without having anyone to fear! Why aren't you telling them?!