49. Planning

A/N: I'm really sorry to disappear from this app for a while, there were so many things to do and I  kind of really needed a break to gather up my thoughts. So inorder to make up for it, I will make this chapter extra long🍷Enjoy!

○ Location _Falcon Headquarters, Seoul, SK._

The hall was lit by dim chandeliers that casted a dull gold lustre all across the room. The main wall was decorated with a bronze falcon in flight, its wings carved into burning flames of victory. Although the richly drapped room boasted all this fine luxury, the 6 figures that was seated around the high mahogany table seemed to glance uneasily at each other. Among them, Sofia Esteben and Sergei Ivenko who were sitting at the far end glanced at each other knowingly.

The great ox-blood chair which stood at the head of the table was still vaccant, expecting the esteemed leader of the falcon Circle to occupy it in a short while. The rest didn't utter a word, nor did all the head commanders who stood quietly awaiting their orders.

Suddenly, the gold outlined double doors were swung open by the falcon guards posted outside. Everyone on the table hurriedly got on to their feet, expectant and fearful looks blooming across their faces. 

"About time he turned up" whispered Sergei in Sofia's ear and she smiled. It had almost become a Maranzano family tradition to arrive late to any meeting of utmost importance.

The falcons instantly melted into sides, allowing a clear path across the black and white check-tiled floor. The lights seemed to flicker ominously as Jake Maranzano walked across the room, his steel blue eyes taking in every object and every person standing in undivided attention.

Behind him walked Luca. A cold blooded assassin who was loyal to the Maranzano family until death; and who took Jake's lightest commands without question. Luca's eyes travelled everywhere. Unlike his master's, he was focused on every nook and cranny that could hold trackers.. or invisible enemy.

Without any indication that he'd acknowledged the turning up of the 6 loyal disciples, Jake sat down at his designated place, staring coldly at each of them. All the seats were filled except for the lack of one occupant who was missing from the eight power positions as before. And everyone knew who that was.

The woman who sat immediately to his right twirled her champagne flute as she regarded him with hooded eyes.

"The Falcons will be doomed at this rate" she mused at Jake.

Jake merely glanced at her.

"All this time that bitch had been working for the other side and we knew nothing!! We've been played like a pack of cards Maranzano! We are concerned about the way things are being operated" She hissed, slamming down her glass. The others muttered their assent lowering their heads.

They all suddenly jerked up when they heard a sharp sniffle from the woman, who had her eyes wide open and her chest heaving.

"One more word from you I will sink you like a fucking ship you heard me?" Snarled Luca, pressing the gun to the back of her head. She nodded, tight lipped.

"Is that what you all think?" Asked Hyukjae, looking at the shadowy figures who sat all around him, his voice was barely audible, but it carried well across the hall, like a hostile electric wave...

No one dared to speak up.

Jake slammed his fist on the table. It was so loud that the sound reverberated across the room... making everyone jump.

"I asked a fucking question and I expect an answer" said Jake, his voice slow but powerful enough to send fear pounding through their spines.

Hyukjae tried not to grin. It never mattered what they thought of him. What really mattered was what would happen if they ever dared to disobey him... and Jake dearly hoped they knew the risks.