EJ's little sister pt 2

ASHLYN POV
"Who is Rosie?" Nini questioned.

Then EJ stormed out of there fast.

"What the hell just happened?" Gina asked around, echoing throughout the whole theatre.

It was dead silent. Everyone crowded around the stage.

"I'm guessing one of his many exes." Ricky mumbled as he jokingly nudged Big Red.

"Or maybe another girl he hooked up with." Rico joked. Everyone let out a laugh.

As annoying and self-centred EJ can be, he's still my family and I was disgusted on how everyone was treating him.

I looked around, seeing everyone laughing at the jokes that Ricky and Rico made about EJ, except for Nini. I wanted to scream and punch everyone. They don't know the slightest about our family. If he didn't even tell Nini, then I doubt anyone else knew.

"Guys please stop. You all have no sympathy whatsoever. You know nothing about his home life." I ranted.

Everyone's smiles quickly dimmed. Except for Ricky, Rico, and Caden.

"Yeah that he was probably a drunk accident." Caden added. All three boys laughed.

Then I completely lost my shit. I was so angry with them, I just screamed due to feeling overwhelmed. That shut them up.

Nini went up to my side and rubbed my back to calm me down. "Is there something that EJ hasn't told us?" She kindly asked.

I nodded.

"I don't really know if it's my place to tell you all this, but EJ's home life isn't very glamorous." I spoke.

Gina scoffed. I made dead eye contact with her.

"I'm sorry that you move every freaking 3 months Gina, but we've all heard your sob story. And no, you're not the only one with a rough home life. EJ is just humble about it and doesn't bring it up every chance he gets." I was fed up with Gina using her moms job as an excuse to get whatever she wanted.

Gina spoke up. "But he lives in a nice house."

"That doesn't mean anything. Do you know how hard his Dad's worked to earn that house? They worked tirelessly for years just to escape their tiny apartment that wasn't safe." Then everyone looked up.

"Dad's?" Carlos asked, looking up at me.

I nodded. "We dropped everything and moved here because our old neighbourhood didn't accept people like his dads, Nini's moms, or Carlos and Seb."

Nini gave me a sympathetic face. "Why didn't he tell me this. We dated for months." She said with a sad tone.

"He's EJ. He's embarrassed of his home life."

Seb spoke up. "But he knows that we wouldn't treat him any differently."

I nodded. "I know that. But he doesn't. And those three dickheads aren't helping." I said as I bitchy glared at Ricky, Rico, and Caden. And they all nodded in agreement.

"And who is this infamous Rose?" I said.

"She's certainly not as 'ex'" I directly said to Ricky.

"She isn't some 'slut'" I said, making direct eye contact with Rico.

"And she is certainly not his birth mother from her 'drunk accident'" I said, looking dead into Caden's eyes.

All of their expressions softly changed.

"Rosie is his little sister okay? She has been in a rehab center for the past 8 months. She was the only thing that kept EJ from going crazy. After she left, that's when EJ started to become more selfish. He didn't have Rosie to look out for and he hit rock bottom. Why do you think he's so invested in Water Polo? He tries to distract himself and he needs to get a scholarship to even have a chance of going to college. Also why he is so obsessed with grades and GPA's. And his dads fight a fair amount which is why he comes to school early and stays here late. We found out that Rose is coming home this week so he's just been really stressed out and on edge. Hence why he's been acting out." I looked around, everyone was moved with my speech.