Can Nini be my girlfriend?

This story takes place when Ricky and Nini were in 9th grade. So basically a year before the whole "I love you" scene. Requested by @livbedumb (btw love the username!)

Sorry for not updating recently. I just haven't been motivated to write. But all I could think about was freaking Lynne saying "you made a commitment to this" FROM HSMTMTS EPISODE 10!!! So anyways... thanks Lynne.
______________________________

RICKY POV
"So?" I asked my dad. "How do I look?"

I gave him a spin around and showed off my fit. Black skinny jeans with an orange coloured acid wash hoodie.

"Dope." My dad responded. I cringed.

I wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans.

"Chill bud. I'm sure Nini will say yes." My dad reassured me.

"Dad you don't get it. We have been best friends for years. What if she doesn't feel the same way about me?"

"Then at least you'll know and you can finally stop crushing on her." He said while laughing.

Then my spirits dropped.

He immediately noticed my quick expression change and grew sympathetic. "Ricky I'm kidding. Nini obviously likes you. Don't stress."

"I just hope it all goes well." I said. He nodded.

"It will." My dad said.

Then I grabbed my backpack and skateboard then headed to Nini's house.

The ride over was one of the scariest in my life. I was so stressed over how Nini's reaction will be, I forgot how to skate. Every bump I nearly fell off and lost my balance, and I was having a hard time turning at the corners.

This shit is stressful.

I finally arrived to her front door and I took a deep breath. "Now or never." I mumbled.

One more wipe of my sweaty hands, then I lightly knocked on the door.

Carol swung open the door. "Hi Ricky!" She said in a cheery voice.

"Is, uh, Nini here?" I asked.

She looked puzzled. "Um no sweetie, were you expecting to see her?" Carol said. "She's out with Kourtney riding their bikes. If I knew you were coming I would've called her to come home."

Then Dana walked into the door frame. "We talked. Ricky just wants to talk to us right now."

Carol was extremely confused. Dana guided all of us into the living room and we all sat down.

"Nini will be home shortly." Dana assured me. I gave her an understanding nod.

"What's going on Ricky?" Carol asked. Both Carol and Dana didn't know what was going on. Dana knew I was coming, but had no idea what the reason was.

"The reason I came over here is because I would like to ask you two something while Nini is out." I calmly said, reassuring them that nothing serious is going on.

"I wanted to ask if I had your permission to..." I started. Then both Carol and Dana stopped me.

"Yes." Carol cut me off before I could finish my sentence.

"What?" I questioned them.

They both looked at each other and smiled.

"Yes we give you permission to ask Nini out." Carol said.

I was so shocked that they knew. I felt my cheeks start getting red. I was blushing.

"We kinda guessed it once you said you wanted to talk to us alone." Dana said.