Ricky surprises Nini at YAC

Okay, this was a request from ages ago... and AGAIN!!!! I CAN'T FIND WHO COMMENTED THIS! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME IM SO SORRY! Guys I swear this will be the last time. Please don't judge me as an author from my stupidity. LET ME KNOW IF YOU REQUESTED THIS AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR SHOUTOUT! OMG IM SO SORRY

But I honestly loved writing this (if you can't tell, because it's almost 3000 words) and it was really fun writing... I missed this kind of writing! So thank you!

Incase it wasn't clear, this will take place after episode 10 when Nini decides to go to YAC and Ricky is dating her.
____________________________
RICKY POV
It's been 3 months since Nini left for Denver. Yes I won't lie, I miss her like crazy, but it's March, and she'll be back home for the summer in June.

But I can't wait till June. No way I can wait to see her for another 3 months! That's absolutely barbaric!

So I took it upon myself to go visit her. I have been working at this cafe near my house for the past few weeks and I have been saving up to buy a plane ticket for Nini. It's going to be a complete surprise! She will have no idea!

I logged into my laptop and purchased a two way ticket from Salt Lake City, to Denver. This is going to be the best week of my life.

Magical time skip to 3 weeks later

Today is the day, I'm going to surprise Nini! I was up all night packing and getting ready. Thank gosh I will be able to sleep on the plane because I got no sleep last night due to nerves, and stress.

My dad drops me off at the airport and I head in. I successfully checked in my bag, made it through security, then waited at my gate. Nini actually facetimed me while I was walking to the gate, but I couldn't answer because she couldn't know where I was.

______________________________
NINI POV
Ricky and I always FaceTime on Tuesdays. It was weird. He just didn't pick up. I decided to text him.

Poor guy

Poor guy. I completely sassed at him, and Lynne is visiting with Todd. Last time they came over together, well we know how that ended. He ran off stage in his Troy Bolton jersey in the middle of a musical.

But the weird thing is, he didn't tell me. Ricky usually would tell me things like this a week in advance, because he would get so worked up over it. And I would usually spend my week trying to calm him down. It's weird that it sorta came out of the blue like this. I guess it was a surprise or something.

Today I'm spending it with my YAC friends. Every since I moved, I have been having a hard time making friends. I finally found a nice and genuine group of kids. They invited me to their "park jamming picnic". It's literally just all of us meeting at a park near campus, and bringing guitars and just singing and eating some snacks.

I am really excited because they don't just invite everyone, and I finally have some people to help me get my mind off of East High and all of my great friends there.