First kiss

Im back!!!
This was suggested by @idontmindreading a LONG time ago! And they have waited ever so patiently for it, so I truly appreciate it.

It takes place when Ricky and Nini are 12 years old, and just start developing real feelings. They have always 'liked' each other, but now they are older and start to realize it more, which ends in their first kiss.
Also here is what they look like (ish) when they were/are in middle school. So imagine them looking like this in the story.

Woah didn't expect those photos to be so big lmao___________________________RICKY POVNini has not been at school for the past week because she was visiting family in California

___________________________
RICKY POV
Nini has not been at school for the past week because she was visiting family in California. I am so excited to see my best friend again.

I planned a best friend day. The day she gets back, she'll come over to my house, and we'll eat her favourite meal, my moms homemade Mac and cheese, then we'll play at her favourite park, just around the humber hill, then we will finish the night with her favourite movie, 'Love, Rosie.'

I also haven't told Nini that I like her. I mean, I think I like her. Not seeing her for an entire week really made me realize that maybe I like her more than friends. I won't tell her though. I doubt she feels the same way about me.

And on cue, there was a knock at the door.

"I got it!" I yelled while sprinting down the stairs. I had to be the first one for her to see the second the door opened.

I leaped through the living room and hurdled over the couch and ran to the front door.

"Nini!" I yelled and gave her the biggest and tightest hug I could.

"Ricky, honey let's give Nini some space." My mom said, while trying to separate us.

"Give me a second mom! I haven't seen my best friend in an entire week!" I call back to my mom, squeezing Nini tighter.

After a solid 45 second hug, we let go of each other.

"Ricky I've missed you so much!" Nini said.

"I've missed you more!"

"Oh I doubt that!" Nini said while a big smile.

I pulled her arm upstairs to my bedroom. "Come follow me! I want to show you my new Minecraft package on my ps4!"