Chapter 9

Perrie's POV:

Beth has been acting peculiar today. Well more than the usual. She's completely off in her own world. Sometimes she wears a frown or a scowl and I have no idea why.

Our performance yesterday was amazing. Why is she in a bad mood?

It'll probably have nothing to do with the current events of our lives but what exactly is it?

The others weren't oblivious to that as well.

Can we even know or is it something she hasn't told us yet?

Sometimes I can feel the anger radiating from her but then just like that it disappears again and she zones off.

What's happening to her?

I'm glad that we couldn't visit our mother's, or else she'd be here alone and apparently she's in a really bad mood right now.

Actually, now that I think about it, it's really insensitive of us to just go off to our mother's even though we know what happened to her and that she can't. That she doesn't have a mother anymore.

To even think about losing my mother. It would break me. But not only her mother literally everyone, again I can't imagine losing Jonnie or Caitlin. God.

But back to my original thought, if I'd invite her to come with me when I visit me mam would she even come? Wouldn't it serve as an even bigger reminder?

I guess we should have at least asked. I'd have absolutely no problem with her coming with me.

Me mam wanted to get to know her better anyway. That'll be harder than she knows though.

We always tried to get Beth into the conversation but she replies shortly and spaces back into her own world. To others it would maybe seem like she's having an off day or that she's just quiet. But that's not the truth and I can sense it. We all can.

I remember the first and only time she broke down. But that wasn't even a full out breakdown.

Jade felt so bad it was obvious. She wanted to comfort her immediately but was scared.

Even though it wasn't the time at all considering her state I couldn't get over the electricity and warmth I always feel when I'm close to her. How my heart rate increases with the second. Even when I only look at her, it picks up slightly.

I've never had a crush on a girl, not that it's weird or something, it's normal and I don't think anyone of them or my family would judge me. But the outside world still has a lot of haters.

I don't know if I'd ever have the balls to act on them though.

Right now we are talking about our past and I know Beth is not gonna share anything else. I have reason to believe she doesn't want to remember anything about her family. At least not right now.

Again when I looked at her she wore a frown and I could notice her hand balled into fists. She stood up normally and if I didn't pay attention to her as much as I did, I'd never think that something was wrong.

But I'm paying really close attention to her.

We all looked at each other, having a silent conversation making clear that we all noticed how distant and weird  Beth is acting.

I stood up and followed after her. She was currently in our room. As I stepped inside she didn't notice me yet.

She was standing in front of the desk. Then she slowly fell down to her knees.

I wanted to react but before I started walking I heard her whimpering and repeating the same two sentences with a voice crack. And it broke my heart to hear her voice like that.