Chapter 15

Beth's POV:

After we arrived in Fordwich I was completely right about my assumption. Everyone there tried to suck up to me. Even my old bullies tried to and oh how much self control it took for me not to snap.

However I paid off my entire debt and it felt so good. This entire weight was lifted and for a second I felt free. Really free. But then I remembered my father and how he still hates me.

Today I will finally see my father again. I don't know how he will react but I just hope it will go some kind of good.

So I stood in front of our now pretty disgusting looking house which is probably due to the lack of care it had plus the smell and stains of alcohol due to my father.

I knocked on it and then shook my head. As if he's gonna open up.

So I just opened the door and stepped inside. My face scrunched up in disgust because of the smell that covered the house.

I hate this house. These memories won't leave me. Right now I can't stand them.

"Dad?" I said. The house was dark and it's probably because I couldn't pay the electrical bills.

When I reached the living room I saw my father. He was hairy and you could see he didn't shower for a long time.

My heart hurt at that sight. I know exactly my family wouldn't have wanted the two of us to be that way. They would have wanted us to be able to live. Like normal people at least.

He was surrounded by cheap alcohol bottles and I didn't know what to do.

He won't stop drinking. I can't help him because he won't let me. Until now he probably hasn't been thrown out here by the landlord because he's a very lenient person. Or he's given up on this house because it's really disgusting.

I sat down on the chair that's next to the couch.

I held my fathers hand. When he wakes up he'll probably yell and tell me to leave.

My father then stirred and looked at me. His eyes softened, "Lauren?" He asked.

Tears stung my eyes. He thought I'm my mother.

"No dad..." I said. He looked confused for a second and then his eyes were full of hatred, "Oh it's you..." he said in disgust.

"Yeah... It's me. I wanted to check up on you. I paid of our debt dad." I said trying to make him less miserable.

"Oh I know all about it. Do you think the people in this town ever shut up? You decided to become famous huh? Proved your siblings that you could do it. How sad they didn't live to see the day Right? But that's all your fault you do know that though right?" He said with spite.

"I'm sorry dad. I'm really really sorry. Please forgive me. I miss you so much. Please I can help you get back on your feet." I basically begged him. I know for a fact that it would be ten times easier to get over it with my fathers support.

He then stood up and slapped me with such a force that I fell on the floor and I almost smashed the beer bottles.

"You don't have the right to ask for my  forgiveness. You took my family from me. Yeah maybe you're my daughter as well but it's still all your fault. Now get the hell out of here."

Tears stung my eyes and before I left I could see in his eyes a tiny glimmer of regret. But the hatred was way more visible.

When I was outside my cheek still stung and I don't know if it will bruise but it probably will because my skin used to bruise quite fastly. I know that due to my great bullies. Made it even harder to hide but somehow I managed.