Chapter 18

Perrie's POV:

"Alright last shot you guys. If we do this right we can wrap the DNA music video." Our producer said.

That being said we all got into the final shot and after about half an hour we were done.

Beth has been talking less and less with me. I have no idea why though. It's kind of like in the beginning where she barely talked to us but now it's only with me.

After we finished we drove home and all got ready to meet up with my boyfriend Zayn and the rest of One Direction.

Except for Beth who always somehow avoided going out with all of us.

We always tried to get her to go with us but she doesn't ever want to. She always finds excuses and she goes to Fordwich a lot.

The reason why she goes so often is left out of every conversation. She doesn't want to tell us but I know for a fact it's not because of Sam since she's in college.

So it has to be because of Beth's father.

I can see that it exhausts her to go around the entire country to reach Fordwich and then come back. It's not like she can stay there for a few days. She always goes there on our day off so she barely stays there for like 5 hours considering the journey it is to Fordwich.

All because her father won't finally be there for her, instead it's the other way around, she's providing for him and trying to help him deal with the grieve that she pushes away as far as she can.

I decided to for now concentrate on Zayn. He's always able to put a smile on my face and let me forget everything except for him.

"So where should we grab food?" Harry asked.

As they discussed that me and Zayn held our own conversation. It's like there's always something new I learn about him. He loves art and to draw. It relaxes him and it's another way for him to express himself.

It's always fun when we all hangout together but I can't help myself. I still think about Beth and wish for her to be here.

The boys also asked why she wouldn't come and we always say she has to take care of something family wise. That's enough let them know it's personal and they let it slip.

When the waiter left after writing down our orders I sighed. I don't want to keep thinking about Beth. I have an awesome boyfriend who cares about me. I shouldn't think about Beth in that way. As a friend of course but I can't let it go further than that.

"Are you alright?" Zayn asked me holding my hand.

Hiding my true thoughts I smiled and said, "Yeah everything's fine."

He let it go and squeezed my hand reassuringly. I smiled and he kissed my cheek.

*********

We arrived home quite late and when we stepped inside it was all tidied up. It was probably Beth after she arrived home from Fordwich.

Why does she always have to clean everything up? We all live together and even if we try to clean before her we can't. It's almost as if she tries to not let us do anything.

We all exchanged knowing looks. I'm pretty sure that she doesn't feel like a true part of the group which makes me really sad. Of course she is a true member. Without her we wouldn't have won. Without any one of us we wouldn't have. It's just a fact.

She has to know that right?

I went up to my room and there was Beth. She was actually asleep. But she didn't look peaceful at all. And it bothered me. Not only because of these feelings that have to disappear but also because she is my friend.